Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Facebook Messenger is the app that's having this issue for me at the moment, but Tinder was doing it a few weeks ago then magically resolved itself (or I did something unknowingly).

Someone will send me a Facebook message, my lock screen will light up, I'll briefly see the notification, then it'll clear and it'll be gone from Notification Centre. The message has never been marked as read (I was curious if someone was snooping my account).

I've rebooted my iPhone, quit Facebook Messenger and turned notifications off/on again.

Anyone experienced something like this with an app? What was the solution?

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Ah I had Facebook logged in on my work Mac still open in a browser (locked of course..) so I remotely killed Safari on it and it's fine again.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Ah I had Facebook logged in on my work Mac still open in a browser (locked of course..) so I remotely killed Safari on it and it's fine again.

I came from android 9 months ago - Android has a real notifications. I still don't understand what iOS 7 notification center is supposed to do? The only thing I ever use it for is to check the date.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Swipe to the right in Notification Centre to the 'all' tab to see your notifications..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I came from android 9 months ago - Android has a real notifications. I still don't understand what iOS 7 notification center is supposed to do? The only thing I ever use it for is to check the date.
It has notifications...that's what it does (among some other things).

Chadbernad

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2016
Facebook Messenger is the app that's having this issue for me at the moment, but Tinder was doing it a few weeks ago then magically resolved itself (or I did something unknowingly).

Someone will send me a Facebook message, my lock screen will light up, I'll briefly see the notification, then it'll clear and it'll be gone from Notification Centre. The message has never been marked as read (I was curious if someone was snooping my account).

I've rebooted my iPhone, quit Facebook Messenger and turned notifications off/on again.

Anyone experienced something like this with an app? What was the solution?
[doublepost=1463593289][/doublepost]Im having the same problem right now as well how did u fix it? Need help here

stradermd

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2016
[doublepost=1463593289][/doublepost]
Im having the same problem right now as well how did u fix it? Need help here
Same. Is there a reason? This is the only app its happening to. The phone makes the notification noise, then shows up on my lock screen and immediately disappears.
[doublepost=1463705746][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1463593289][/doublepost]
Im having the same problem right now as well how did u fix it? Need help here
Do you have an apple watch? I wonder if thats interfering

shorthairednymph

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2016
Having the exact same issue, but I only just recently switched from Android to iPhone. I have no other Apple devices, so we at least know there's no interference from something else, its all in the phone itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.