Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grunge03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I love Spotify and my apple watch but I was so disappointing not seeing an app for this music service.
So I decided to develop an app using the Spotify api on my free time.

iTunesArtwork@3x.png

Here are some screenshots.

0x0ss.jpg 0x0ss-3.jpg 0x0ss-2.jpg

The features are:

• Access to your library and browse Spotify recommendation
  • Save the current playing song to your playlist (need to configure it on the ios app)
  • Save artist, album, playlist by force touching
  • Search playlists,albums, artists and song with Siri

You can also enable a fancy view in the apple watch ios app.

If you want to help me test it, here is a google form to send you the testflight app.

[CLOSE]

Feel free to give me your feedbacks here :)

Edit:

The app is now on the app store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nuuzic/id1078953574?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8
Thanks all for your feedbacks!

Edit 2:

The v1.1 is here with artist radio and more

Edit 3:

The v2.0 with a new design and a mood selector has just been released

Last edited:

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
2 questions... whats the difference between browse and search and also, does your app support radio searches?

Hi guys,

I love Spotify and my apple watch but I was so disappointing not seeing an app for this music service.
So I decided to develop an app using the Spotify api on my free time.

Here are some screenshots.

View attachment 613701 View attachment 613697 View attachment 613698

With the ios app to configure your login and favorite playlists:

View attachment 613699 View attachment 613700

The features are:

• Access to your library and browse Spotify recommendation
  • Save the current playing song to your playlist (need to configure it on the ios app)
  • Save artist, album, playlist by force touching
  • Search playlists,albums, artists and song with Siri

You can also enable a fancy view in the apple watch ios app.

If you want to help me test it, here is a google form to send you the testflight app.

http://goo.gl/forms/LS7MRLJyoc

Feel free to give me your feedbacks here :)

grunge03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Hi,

The difference is browse shows the latest albums, featured playlists and categories.
The search launches the voice recognition and he will show songs, artists, albums and playlists resulting of your query.

Right now, there is no support for Radio but I will look for it if it's possible to implement this

grunge03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Have you launch another app to play music or you just switch music in the app?

maccswe

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
Have you launch another app to play music or you just switch music in the app?
I'm playing music using Spotify and then when I open the app on my watch the now playing only shows the first song I listened to when I opened Spotify.

grunge03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
@maccswe : this is weird because the app looks for the currently playing info within the Nuuzic app and if it's from another app or there is no current playing song, it should show nothing, I will investigate on this.
@oftheheavens: the current spotify api has no endpoint for this service, I hope they will add this functionality in the next sdk release so I can integrate it.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Note: when going into artist and clicking an album, I have no option to play the album and when I click a song, the song does not play

FTBoomer

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
Downloaded it this morning. Easy install and setup. Love the graphics. Here are my concerns so far:

• When I went to choose my 1st playlist, the scrolling was VERY jerky (I have 30 playlists, this may be why) not smooth at all. Felt like a memory issue maybe.
  • Once I chose my play list, I could not see how to get back to the main menu. The back button in the top left corner was completely obstructed and not very visible at all. Maybe a border at the top which extends to just below the Back - Set Playlist title bar.
  • The ability to hand off to another device. I will start a playlist in the car on my phone and when I come inside hand it off to my PC or Home Receiver.
  • Access to Radio playlists

That said. This is an amazing app. I'll play with it some more but 1st impressions are incredible. Great Job!!

grunge03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Sorry for my late answer.
@FTBoomer: thanks for your feedback, yes the scrolling is not very fast (the apple watch is not very powerful for doing many things at the same time...). The back button is a UI component from the apple watch sdk, he tries to mimic the same behavior as the phone. Anyway, thanks for your great feedback ;)

@Z8beema: yes I have made a check to verify the account because Spotify doesn't allow playing music on a free account

I'm trying to find a way to add radio in the app on next release.
Also the app should be in the store really soon (if Apple validates the app...)

apocalyarts

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2015
First of all: great app, works like a charm. Only thing that bugs me is, that it connects to Spotify directly, right? So if I'm on tour it would still stream content over the internet, right?

What I would like the app to to:
- Respect if my Spotify App is set to "offline" mode
- Access and play my offline music, so I can save bandwith on my data plan

Obviously that's not possible, because the music is encrypted and saved inside the App storage of the Spotify App, right?

grunge03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks!
Yep right now, there is no possibility to keep the Nuuzic synced with the songs you have set offline on Spotify.
Maybe if a new Spotify API is released, we could keep the music offline in the Nuuzic sandbox...

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
You should probably add that it is required that you have a Spotify premium account before you end up with a bunch of people that buy and then immediately return it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.