Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
LOL, Pascal driver in just a month. So it was all a legal hurdle, not even close to be a technical one.

The mMP launch may be a year from now, but the most beastly ever Hackintosh is just one month away!

Reactions: aaronhead14

jjjoseph

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2013
...or maybe Nvidia got help.

I think your right, this would be something hinted at in the articles acknowledging their failures with the Trash Can MacPro. I think they finally understand PRO doesn't mean AMD's PRO, its means the REAL WORLDS PRO. With in my industry, Media, Film and Visual Effects, ITS ALL 100% NVIDIA CUDA. NO OpenCL. Apple just had to lift one finger and we will have drivers.

aaronhead14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
From the 9to5Mac Article:

"We have reached out to Nvidia for a statement about compatibility down the line with lesser 10-series cards, and I’m happy to report that Nvidia states that all Pascal-based GPUs will be Mac-enabled via upcoming drivers. This means that you will be able to use a GTX 1080, for instance, on a Mac system via an eGPU setup, or with a Hackintosh build. Exciting times, indeed."

https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/06/nvidia-titan-xp-beta-pascal-drivers-mac/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.