Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

connectingrodd

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
I feel like it would be a brilliant machine for about 99% of what I do on my laptop. Unfortunately, current specs mean that it just isn't enough of an upgrade (indeed, none at all) performance-wise to justify moving from a Rev A Macbook, except in the pursuit of pure sexiness.

In a year or two, when the specs are right, it will be a really, really tempting bit of kit. For the moment, it's a beautiful, lightweight, ridiculously elegant machine for those lucky enough to have a use for it. Can't wait to play with one.

I couldn't care less about how elegant it is or isn't, when I buy a computer I want it to be extremely functional... I don't give two ***** about how elegant it is

connectingrodd

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
I think it's perfect for what I need.

Don't let all the haters fool you as most of them just purchased or received Mac laptops in the past 6 months and now hate themselves for it.

FLAME ON!

:D :D :D

ok buddy you go waste a ton of money on a sub standard notebook and let me know how that goes for you

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
ok buddy you go waste a ton of money on a sub standard notebook and let me know how that goes for you

Oh hey, good use of "buddy". You were referring to him as a kind of chump that you somehow know, good one, that's why it's sarcastic.

Why don't you go back to school, I mean, isn't your lunch period almost over?

For those of us who want a laptop that is very easy to carry and looks professional, this is a great laptop. Last I remembered, not everyone does heavy video editing on their laptops. I could be wrong though.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I couldn't care less about how elegant it is or isn't, when I buy a computer I want it to be extremely functional... I don't give two ***** about how elegant it is

Well then congratulations, you're not the target market.

Why does every self-centered douche on this board expect every single product Apple offers to appeal to them? Good God, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Let those of us to whom aesthetics matter enjoy a new, beautifully designed product.

connectingrodd

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Oh hey, good use of "buddy". You were referring to him as a kind of chump that you somehow know, good one, that's why it's sarcastic.

Why don't you go back to school, I mean, isn't your lunch period almost over?

I'll ignore your sad attempt at being witty

For those of us who want a laptop that is very easy to carry and looks professional, this is a great laptop. Last I remembered, not everyone does heavy video editing on their laptops. I could be wrong though.

Looks professional? I don't need a professional looking lap top to appear professional. I would hands down take a well built and durable lap top over one that looks sexy and professional any day. I think it's pretty sad that people actually would buy a computer or anything else primarily based on how it looks

connectingrodd

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Then leave. I'm sure my Apple stock won't take a hit because some whiny-mouthed teenager on a forum doesn't by a laptop every couple years.

EDIT to Gloss: Great post.

and you probably think that you're a skilled investor too don't you? :D

oh and btw I'm 28

Bogie

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2007
This is my ideal writers laptop. Unfortunately at present it's out of my price range. I'll keep saving though. I expect by the time the Rev B is announced I'll be ready to pull the trigger on one. I want the solid state model.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Looks professional? I don't need a professional looking lap top to appear professional. I would hands down take a well built and durable lap top over one that looks sexy and professional any day. I think it's pretty sad that people actually would buy a computer or anything else primarily based on how it looks

YOU ARE ON THE WRONG PLATFORM. And the caps isn't on because I'm mad, it's on so you can read it, and perhaps even make an attempt at understanding it. And I bought my car primarily on how it looked. Sure, it happens to have a lot of performance, but it being aesthetically what I was looking for was the first priority.

and you probably think that you're a skilled investor too don't you? :D

oh and btw I'm 28

Congratulations. You're a 28 year old typing like you're in Junior High. And I don't need you to think I'm a skilled investor, that makes no one money.

And what's even better is that you registered today, for the sole purpose of bashing new Apple products. Seriously, get a life.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Compare it to the small Sony. The price is fine.

Sony has sold plenty of their micro laptop, what is its starting price?
oh thats right:

Attachments

• vaio.jpg
    vaio.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 131

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
love it I dont need a cd drive I cant remember ever using it, also for me its about style and I love it. the black keyboard is ok i will get use to it :) Mine has been ordered

nsbio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
NC
MBA has an unbeatable advantage in that you can slide it under the door, for example to deliver a love letter. Who wants to receive messages on paper anyways?

I think this could be a nice niche market for it:D.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Well the nicest thing I can say about it is that I haven't seen a single "Like OMG I just don't know if I shuldz hax my touch or not" posted today.

pr5owner

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2007
yeah most non tech ppl must like it too, if something goes wrong you cant replace anything so you just throw it away and get another one right?

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
yeah most non tech ppl must like it too, if something goes wrong you cant replace anything so you just throw it away and get another one right?

Seriously--there are zero replaceable parts on this thing. This *definitely* isn't aimed at people who want any kind of control over their hardware. No drive upgrades, no memory changes, not even a spare battery switch. If you've got to get everything through Apple, that's...yeah.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
I Can't wait to see and touch this thing in person. Although I am not in the market for one (I'm more in the market for a widescreen TV now!).
I do feel as though the it is priced a little high--thats only because I don't have the money to buy one. MBA would be a perfect companions to the new iMac...but I have a MBP.

on a side note, threading "Haters stay away!" is only going to bring more haters. Perhaps you should have named it a Haters Thread...surely that is where everyone who likes it are going to be hanging out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.