Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
I'm concerned with a zipper (plastic or not) scratching it over time. I'd rather find something with a closing flap with velcro.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
My custom iPad case

I'm concerned with a zipper (plastic or not) scratching it over time. I'd rather find something with a closing flap with velcro.

Like this ? ;)

iPadcase2.jpg

wrxdrunkie

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
I love that zipper case, a thought I always have lurking in the back of my head with zipper cases is the fact that I think the metal from the zipper might scratch the aluminium of the ipad.

hualon

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
I love that zipper case, a thought I always have lurking in the back of my head with zipper cases is the fact that I think the metal from the zipper might scratch the aluminium of the ipad.

The first thing I do with my zippers is squidge some Sugru on them so they don't clank and jangle around. Sugru works like clay when you open it but 30 minutes later it's soft-feel silicone rubber. Awesome stuff. That would keep the zippers from scratching the iPad too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.