Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Not true. The leather cases had their weaknesses but the grip, fit and feel in hand were superior. I have a black Apple leather case on my 12mini that I use for testing and there’s just nothing like it.
False, Apple leather cases were a sticky mess, horrible glad they are gone. Cheap leather too, zero patina, just black from grime.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
My experience was very different. I gave it another shot even after initially expressing concerns about the build quality. One month in, the buttons were rattling and the squeaking got worse by the day, like the case was getting looser or something. Plus there’s absolutely zero grip. I gave it an honest shot but there’s nothing premium about it. This is no replacement for leather.
You got a dud, mine has zero issues. 8 weeks old.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
False, Apple leather cases were a sticky mess, horrible glad they are gone. Cheap leather too, zero patina, just black from grime.
To each his own. Again, it wasn’t perfect but it clicked more boxes than any other case for my preference.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I like my blue FW case. Fits the 15PM perfectly and feels good in the hand. So far one drop onto wood from about 4 feet without damage.

As for wear and tear...we will see. Cases are always less expensive to replace than phones.

Reactions: GeneticBloom

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Definitely not a dud. It happened with two. And there are countless other reports online. Glad you like yours. But the FW is a disappointment for me.
I probs wouldn’t if was like yours lol, mine was a freebie but no issues so far.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
To each his own. Again, it wasn’t perfect but it clicked more boxes than any other case for my preference.
It’s hot and humid here half of the year probably why, even the FW has good grip now, 28c and over 85% humidity.

shaown

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
I was annoyed that the usb-c slot was too small. Went with the Clear case with an open bottom so I could leverage my bigger USB-C cables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.