Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you buying apples new wireless AirPods?

• Total voters

Canadia69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I'm really thorn, i love how there's no cable whatsoever and how simply the connect...it's just the fact that they look a little weird. I think I would be a little embarrassed to wear them..

..but at the same time they're so practical...I'm really thorn

Reactions: rbrian

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
They look horrible I'm sorry. Design wise are the worst earbuds I've ever seen. Ill stick to my jaybird freedoms thank you. Apple could of made these look tons better and with actual eartips that form to your ears.
Fail

Reactions: spinedoc77

Sheboygan

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2016
St Louis, USA
I'll definitely get a pair - I hate wires and have been using Jaybirds BlueBuds X1 for a few years but they still have a wire. My employee discount shows a price of $142 for the AirPods, so I get to save a few dollars. I'd prefer a black color, but will take the white ones for now.

I still have a [like new in box] Apple Bluetooth headset from about 2008. It's that little black aluminum one they sold for only a few years. Even back then they had the best iOS integrated features and connectivity. Only problem was the low volume level.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Yes. Don't know for certain I will like them, but I'm definitely willing to be an early adopter on these.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Was going to get them but for $150, I'd like headphones that have volume controls (i.e. Don't want to use Siri to raise/lower the volume nor do I want to reach into my pocket to use my iPhone to do that).

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I doubt I'll invest that kind of money in a pair, since I rarely use headphones. My biggest issue with the lack of audio port is having to use my auxiliary cord in the car on long trips to play my music and needing to charge during that time; otherwise I doubt that would ever be an issue for me.

I guess the Yukon will have to be upgraded to one with Bluetooth. The hubby will be thrilled! ;-p

eiprol

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2009
Spain
Honestly, I give a s*** about what people think about how they look; I will probably get them.

I love the way they work among different devices; Moreover, I already have the powebeats (wireless), which I use a lot, and they look prehistoric compared to the new Airpods.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
They won't stay in my ears :( I need to get something though. I don't want to have to take a lighting pair for my phone when I travel and a 3.5 pair for my laptop. So its time for me to go wireless. But I don't know if I want buds or something over the ear.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
The ability to charge in a protective case and removing from your ear to silence sold me.

Plus you can use 1 in either ear as a BT phone headset.

Simplified connectivity can't hurt?
[doublepost=1473857033][/doublepost]
Nope. Earpods don't stay put in my ears. I suspect these Airpods won't either.
I wonder if small dabs of silicone would help?

Reactions: gemnilocs

numb3rmonkey

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Dallas, TX
The ability to charge in a protective case and removing from your ear to silence sold me.

Plus you can use 1 in either ear as a BT phone headset.

Simplified connectivity can't hurt?
[doublepost=1473857033][/doublepost]
I wonder if small dabs of silicone would help?

I've tried all sorts of possible solutions to no avail. My ears are just weird. In-ear works best for me.

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
These are literally perfect for me. For work, I only have one ear bud in my ear, so both of these will last all day. Plus I can take calls on them and switch between the ipad and iPhone. Perfect!

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
We'll see, but probably not. Seems like they'll do pretty much everything I want except provide good sound quality. I would have rather paid an extra $100 and had them really invest in that.

I'll still buy some Bluetooth headphones this year. I'll probably just get something from Sennheiser instead.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I only hope the first batch not sold out too quickly. Won't bet on that though.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
These are literally perfect for me. For work, I only have one ear bud in my ear, so both of these will last all day. Plus I can take calls on them and switch between the ipad and iPhone. Perfect!
Also, just using one at a time(different ear, of course) doubles your usage time to 10 hours. I've thought of this as well when I need to be a little more discreet at work while on the phone or,listening to music.
[doublepost=1473859891][/doublepost]
I've tried all sorts of possible solutions to no avail. My ears are just weird. In-ear works best for me.
That sucks. Remember when Apple used to,sell those foam coverings for the original earbuds?

Those helped greatly in keeping the buds in your ears. Slippery buggers!

Reactions: vlug

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
At first I was thinking about it....but I have a pair of power beats 2. The verge review said they kinda suck sound quality wise and are just the box headphones with no wires....so I was like ehhh maybe I'll skip them. Then john gruber said in his review their awesome and way better than powerbeats so now I'm torn haha. Decisions decisions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.