Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
My bf and I both got new iPad Pro 13 inch OLED. I was very underwhelmed with the screen. It didn’t seem crisp and clear to me at all.

I compared it with my bf’s and it is definitely dimmer and more yellow. Here are some side-by-side pictures. I don’t know if it comes through as clearly online but in person it is VERY noticeable. You can see in the settings that both are set to the same max brightness.

Just to be sure, it wasn’t some hidden setting, I reset both of them as new. Confirmed they have the exact same settings.

IMG_0320.jpeg
IMG_0318.jpeg

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
My bf and I both got new iPad Pro 13 inch OLED. I was very underwhelmed with the screen. It didn’t seem crisp and clear to me at all.

I compared it with my bf’s and it is definitely dimmer and more yellow. Here are some side-by-side pictures. I don’t know if it comes through as clearly online but in person it is VERY noticeable. You can see in the settings that both are set to the same max brightness.

Just to be sure, it wasn’t some hidden setting, I reset both of them as new. Confirmed they have the exact same settings.

View attachment 2379527 View attachment 2379528
This happens every year with new devices, some bad screens come out of production. Return it, it’s defective.

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I’d return and exchange it.
I definitely plan to. If I didn’t have one to compare it to I probably would have just returned it instead of exchanged thinking it was just an OLED thing which I’ve seen mentioned in other threads. I thought a side-by-side comparison would be helpful to validate concerns.

Reactions: bevsb2

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
When you reset them are you sure you didn’t transfer over any settings? Double check you didn’t use an iCloud backup, etc and just setup the iPad without an AppleID just to be sure.

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
When you reset them are you sure you didn’t transfer over any settings? Double check you didn’t use an iCloud backup, etc and just setup the iPad without an AppleID just to be sure.
Yea, I reset both of them as new, exactly the same way. For others asking, True tone is turned off on both.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Turning off True Tone fixed it for me.
I also noticed that True Tone was much warmer on the M4 iPad Pro compared to my old iPad Pro when viewed side-by-side under identical lighting conditions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.