Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Microman66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2023
Have 2 questions about Opencore Legacy Patcher. Say you wanted to add Big Sur to 3 different legacy computers. 2008 MacBook, 2008 MacBook Pro, 2011 MacBook Pro. Could you use the same external USB that you make for the 2011 MacBook Pro to install Big Sur on the other 2 legacy Macs? Was wondering if you had to use a different external drive and go thru the process of making it, and that it would be specific for that model as in (5,1) etc...

Also, grand daughter was having trouble with 15" MacBook Pro with OCLP and Big Sur installed with Zoom. Apparently in Security and Privacy there is no way to allow Zoom to use Camera and Mic.

So same usb drive and Zoom, Thanks.

Reactions: ptrzoo

Microman66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2023
Fixed, used the wrapper app that was made by some nice person.

This link mentions the Wrapper app. I ran it, had to use control or option key to allow opening as author unknown. Once that done it said something isn’t installed would you like to install so answered yes. Ran wrapper again and chose app(zoom), and then directed to list where I choose mic or cameras and now zoom has permissions to use zoom on oclp install of Big Sur

Thanks Wrapper maker, works great with Terminal, for us newbs that aren’t too computer literate.

Microman66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2023

This link mentions the Wrapper app. I ran it, had to use control or option key to allow opening as author unknown. Once that done it said something isn’t installed would you like to install so answered yes. Ran wrapper again and chose app(zoom), and then directed to list where I choose mic or cameras and now zoom has permissions to use zoom on oclp install of Big Sur

Thanks Wrapper maker, works great with Terminal, for us newbs that aren’t too computer literate.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OSXTweaks/comments/fnw67y

Insidious

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2017
I was following this thread out of curiosity regarding the Zoom fix. Glad you found a solution! I noticed I was having permissions issues and didn't know how to fix it.

fabio8v

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
CIAO
Ho avuto lo stesso problema ma con whatsapp..è impossibile dare i permessi alla webcam e al microfono..

StrongTequila

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2021
Israel

Hello! Where i can get this app?

fabio8v

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
hi
thank you for your answer..I got whatsapp and installed it, if you try to make or receive a video call appears a message that the mic and the webcam don't have the permission but the application isn't the list of the programs that can use them in the pemission windows

helloAndreLeon

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2023
I tried so many different solutions, including all the ones in this video:

And @Microman66 's worked for my iMac 27-inch, Late 2013 running Ventura 13.3.1 patched with OpenCore Patcher
This feed is a lifesaver

cesmazzini

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2023
I'm facing the same issue - installed Ventura on a iMac11,2 using OpenCore-Patcher and everything works fine until now besides the camera (and possibly the mic - not checked yet). I try to use the camera on non native app as WhatsApp or Google Meet (through Chrome) and even tough the apps require the camera permission, it never shows the prompt to authorize it nor shows the app in Settings / Privacy and Security / Camera.

What were the steps you followed to solve the issue @Microman66 ?

What were the steps you followed to solve the issue @helloAndreLeon ?

I tried viewing the Reddit thread but it's not available.

2 interesting points about my scenario:
1. The camera works when I open FaceTime (at least before starting a call).
2. Following the accepted answer in this post put the has made macOS prompt me to authorize the Terminal to access the camera and after confirming it, Terminal is now in the authorized apps to access the camera.
> https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...e-macbook-camera-for-the-terminal-application

Thanks in advance!

humkiller

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2023
Hi everyone. I'm having the same issue with MBP 11.1 not granting camera and microphone permissions to ZOOM after using the Legacy patcher to install VENTURA. .
Where do I get the WRAPPER app? :rolleyes:
I've tried everything else to no avail. Thank you.

Polks

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2023
Hi everyone. In my case it fails in Ventura 13.4
Solution
In Terminal put this:
sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db
then put:
insert into access
values
('kTCCServiceMicrophone','us.zoom.xos', 0, 2, 2, 1, null, null, null, 'UNUSED', null, null, 1669648527);
After this, enter:

If you have other app change the name : us.zoom.xos
To know the name, in Finder go to Applications, left click to show package content and find "Info.plist" open with TextEdit
here is the name of the app
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>desktop.WhatsApp</string>

PD: To grant access to camera change kTCCServiceMicrophone to kTCCServiceCamera

Reactions: SPJones

humkiller

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2023
Solution
In Terminal put this:

then put:

After this, enter:

To know the name, in Finder go to Applications, left click to show package content and find "Info.plist" open with TextEdit

Thanks so much for your reply!!!
I could make Zoom to get granted Mic & Camera access.

For some reason, it didn't work for Whatsapp desktop. This is the Syntax I'm using where I replace the app name for Whatsapp (instead of Zoom)

insert into access values ('kTCCServiceCamera','desktop.WhatsApp.xos', 0, 2, 2, 1, null, null, null, 'UNUSED', null, null, 1669648527);

and.
insert into access values ('kTCCServiceMicrophone','desktop.WhatsApp.xos', 0, 2, 2, 1, null, null, null, 'UNUSED', null, null, 1669648527);

I don't see what could be wrong, It does pop the System Preferences window but no Whatsapp is getting the permissions granted.

Thank you!!

Polks

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2023
Thanks so much for your reply!!!
I could make Zoom to get granted Mic & Camera access.

For some reason, it didn't work for Whatsapp desktop. This is the Syntax I'm using where I replace the app name for Whatsapp (instead of Zoom)

insert into access values ('kTCCServiceCamera','desktop.WhatsApp.xos', 0, 2, 2, 1, null, null, null, 'UNUSED', null, null, 1669648527);

and.
insert into access values ('kTCCServiceMicrophone','desktop.WhatsApp.xos', 0, 2, 2, 1, null, null, null, 'UNUSED', null, null, 1669648527);

I don't see what could be wrong, It does pop the System Preferences window but no Whatsapp is getting the permissions granted.

Thank you!!
Hi, look carefully the name of the app in this file "Info.plist" for each app (Attached image), in my case WhatsApp name is: desktop.WhatsApp

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-06-20 a la(s) 12.18.28.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-06-20 a la(s) 12.18.28.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-06-20 a la(s) 12.15.49.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-06-20 a la(s) 12.15.49.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 123

leira

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2023
Solution
In Terminal put this:

then put:

After this, enter:

This worked a dream for me for the microphone... but not for the camera. I can't figure out why it would work for one and not the other??

SPJones

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2022
Solution
In Terminal put this:

then put:

After this, enter:

Thanks @Polks - this was an absolute lifesaver for me today :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.