Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I had a hard case for the AirPod charging case but I kept losing the lid. Finally is was lost. I looked for something better and I found this and ordered one.

IMG_8798.jpeg

Last edited:

MRxROBOT

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2016
01000011 01000001
Before I had a set of AirPod Pro's I read about how annoying its charging case is. Now I see this first hand. You would think there would at least be a provision for carrying loop of some sort.
Yeah I’ve got a silicon case one mine, it was getting scraped up really bad while in my bag. I went with silicon because it’s lightweight and I didn’t need any more protection than that.

Reactions: transmaster

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
I prefer transparent overcovers that directly follow the case's shape so that a) I can see if it needs cleaning / if anything got underneath and b) it doesn't take up any more space than necessary. Most have a lanyard point or an integrated carabiner

Reactions: transmaster

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I prefer transparent overcovers that directly follow the case's shape so that a) I can see if it needs cleaning / if anything got underneath and b) it doesn't take up any more space than necessary. Most have a lanyard point or an integrated carabiner
I didn't think of that detail.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
One further detail is that any case like this usually will have a lid that has more of a tendency to fall off the closer they follow the case's shape (since there's not enough vertical surfaces to grip onto). All you need is a small length of double sided tape for that.

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
I think the AirPods Pro naked case is great. Small, smooth and pocketable. Mine even has a provision for adding a strap. The cover you mention looks pretty bulky.
The AirPods are a thing I look for maximum utilization at the expense of preservation. I never heard of problems with the case. What kind of things have you heard?

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Not that I have had much experience with AirPod charging cases but this one is a keeper. Nice feel in the hand, adds a sold no slip feel to the charging case. The Charge light is readily visible, it holds well on the Apple MagSafe charging disk. A nice addition is a tool you can use to push the Apple charging case out of the lower half.

IMG_8875.jpeg
IMG_8865.jpeg
IMG_8866.jpeg
IMG_8869.jpeg
IMG_8871.jpeg
IMG_8880.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.