Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Finally ordered the AirPod Pro 2nd Generation. I already know that they will not sound as good as my Etmyōtic ER4SRs or the Shure SE-425s paired with my FiiO FiiO BTR7, and BTR15. I am after their integration with my iPhone, and AWU2 when out and about. I mostly listen to Podcasts and Audiobooks in that environment.

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
Sending mine back, literally no different from my 1st generation except for USB-C and obviously improved battery.

Lesson learnt, don't listen to the hype from sheep and tech YouTubers.

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
Sending mine back, literally no different from my 1st generation except for USB-C and obviously improved battery.

Just to clarify:
Are you saying the APP2 is no better than the APP1 or the second iteration of the APP2 (usbc) is no better than the original APP2?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008

APP1 to APP2 was a fairly big improvement in sound quality and noise cancelling.

APP2 lightning to APP2 USB-C just gives you the new port, and a wireless hardware change that will only be used by the vision pro. Use with your phone or Mac should be almost identical between the 2 versions of APP2.

The easy way to tell the 1s from the 2s, both versions of the APP2 have the lanyard attach point on the side.

I've owned the APP1 and APP2 lightning, Didn't get the APP2 USB-C because I read the reviews and realized wouldn't be a noticeable change.

To the OP:
I think you might be surprised when you get them, the convince far outweighs any loss in sound quality.

samthegreat

Suspended
Sep 12, 2023
Japan
I bought mine but it just only last for 6 months, maybe I didn't take it well or charge well but I really like it. I should order again.

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
I think the APP2 sounds great. Definitely different than the Etymotic, but very much OK. I'll bet you like them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.