Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juan Doncel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Hi!!! I would like to know the way to change the typefonts in the desktop menubar as well as the desktop dropdowns from Lucida Grande to Helvetica Neue, just "ala Yosemite" fashion. I've succesfully set to Helvetica Neue every other fonts in the system (the majority of the apps, and context right click menus in Firefox, all of them already with Helvetica happily working), via the TinkerTool app.

For some reason, top menubar in the desktop as well as its dropdowns keeps default Snow Leopard Lucida Grande, which I would like to change. No way to do this can be found in TinkerTools.

I would like to change from this....

Captura de pantalla 2019-12-02 a las 9.02.30 PM.png

....to this:
os-x-yosemite-font-menu-610x372.jpg

Is there there any way? Needless to say that googling didn't help that much...and that Helvetica Neue font is already installed in the system...

Thanks for a quick reply....

[EDIT] BTW, no specific 10.6.x forum could be found under the "Older Versions" section...so I chose to post here, which seems to be the closest to Snow Leopard version forum....

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Juan Doncel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Anyone on how to replace the Lucida default font in Snow Leopard, for Helvetica Neue?

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2019
Please understand I say this in complete jest, because you should be able to do whatever you want on your machine, but... as someone who has spent the past month obsessing with how to downgrade some modern hardware to Mavericks, because I hate the Yosemite design and its icons and fonts... you're a monster :p

Reactions: Juan Doncel

Juan Doncel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
They're quite fancier than any other 10.9 and below...just my opinion....But your comment seems funny...

I am planning to upgrade to Yosemite -this is an unsupported Macbook3,1- but until requied RAM arrives (ordered 4 Gb, the equipment has got 1.5 Gb)...I would like to change the look to a modern 10.10 or later....Older OS are cool but they seem soooooo ancient....

I followed this link to no avail....and gave up to try since two guys in reply of that guide report that after trying, their macs did boot never anymore....¿?

So I still stay with default Snow Leopard Lucida Grande...Anyway this is not something critical....the machine works flawlessly for casual computing, practicing my bass guitar lessons and audio multitrack recording....also 720p Youtube and Quicktime work happily....Not bad for a machine I got for €47 on eBay....

Perhaps anyone has got any other idea....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.