Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I bought a 12.9 IPP in Dec, 2018 along with an Apple Pencil. Since then, the combination of the two have proved absolutely invaluable for managing my dialysis and buttloads of medications. That is why I specifically bought the pencil - I wanted to ditch the over accumulation of paper that gathered up as a result of me having been a lab tech.

-medications, changes and adjustments. Doses & timings (Gosh the Apple Watch is nice to have for that)
-medical appointments, bookings for my EHS rides to dialysis
-all my blood pressures and pulses while in dialysis. Frequently take photo's of the computer screens (3 per dialyzer) and insert them into documents
-sign all of my legal documents in PDF Expert. Used to sign purchase agreements when buying a house over the internet during Covid :cool:
-Grocery shopping lists

Bought a whole bunch of pencil apps right away but the ones that stood out were Notability and Goodnotes (recently have purchased Zoomnotes). I ditched Notability and converted everything to Goodnotes, which was painful and took time.

Now, with a new 12.9 IPP I'm revisiting pencil note writing apps. Has anything particularly good appeared? I like templates, 4+ types of pens, pencils, highlighters. Solid text editing capabilities are a definite plus (either through editing within the teeny tiny text boxes or whole page).

Thanks for any info help, hints, etc

Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.