Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdoherty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Anyone noticed this on iPad? It’s super annoying. I’ll compose a message in one tab in Safari, then go find supporting evidence and when I go back to paste it in I’ll put a starting double quote (“) to begin to enclose the quote, paste it in, then close the quote. Every time, the pasted text has a superfluous (and uncaptured) spacebar press inserted at the beginning of the text so the end result is “ quoted text”

Anyone know why iOS (iPADOS in my case) is doing this or how to prevent it?

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
Anyone noticed this on iPad? It’s super annoying. I’ll compose a message in one tab in Safari, then go find supporting evidence and when I go back to paste it in I’ll put a starting double quote (“) to begin to enclose the quote, paste it in, then close the quote. Every time, the pasted text has a superfluous (and uncaptured) spacebar press inserted at the beginning of the text so the end result is “ quoted text”

Anyone know why iOS (iPADOS in my case) is doing this or how to prevent it?
Hugely irritating and I haven’t found a fix. It’s been doing it for quite sometime but I can’t remember which version it started with.

Reactions: pdoherty

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
It happens all the time and in multiple Apple apps. For bulleted items in Notes it even enters a new line. It is extremely annoying. But this is iPadOS and we have come to expect that it has more bugs than a rain forest! They must put the worst programmers Apple can find on the iPadOS team…

Reactions: pdoherty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.