Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
One or the other... maybe more... :)

I just wondered what you did...

Regarding what I did...well it's about as close to an HDR as you can get without technically being one I guess.

It's one exposure (jpeg too) with different curves adjustments masked and layered multiple times, tone-mapped, dodged & burned, then finally played with the Color sliders and a final tweaking of contrast inside Aperture.

hector

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Cheltenham, UK
Regarding what I did...well it's about as close to an HDR as you can get without technically being one I guess.

It's one exposure (jpeg too) with different curves adjustments masked and layered multiple times, tone-mapped, dodged & burned, then finally played with the Color sliders and a final tweaking of contrast inside Aperture.

Well I think it looks damn cool.
My eyeballs like it...

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Phew... that's OK then. For a minute there I thought I'd gone colour blind... :)

A bit heavy on the adjustments, perhaps??

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Whatever it takes to get that shot...

286200368_T93sV-M.jpg

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Who doesn't own a sissor lift just to photograph stuff?
:D Heck yeah! I mean if you really want to get that different shot, then its sorta a must have!! (Course I saved all that money on the glass buying Sigma instead of a good Nikkor, and now have a less than great shot of the building)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Tall timber

Douglas fir on the left, western red cedar on the right. I really needed just a bit more wide angle to get the ground-to-crown shot, but you get the idea.

DSC_6008.JPG

Model: Nikon D50
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 18mm

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX

Adrien Baker

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Bakersfield, Ca.
Not at all. It certainly looks interesting in B & W..

The colors are a bit distorted though, because of the HDR treatement..

Anyways here's another one for today: (Taken in an old Parkade near where I live)

person standing in a multistory car park

I'm experimenting with putting a model into the frame.. Not sure if it's working though

Nice shot. What were the settings?

Adrien

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
be prepared to be bashed because you don't just let the camera do the work....heaven forbid a photographer use photoshop...haha:rolleyes:

And haha to you...

No problem with Photoshop from me. It's a great tool. But sending a pic on a round-trip through editing software should be to make a good pic a bit better... not just a vain attempt to salvage a poor pic with 'special effects'...

haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.