Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Photo of the Day: June 2010

It is now June on the International Dateline

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary, and first posted in May, 2006 It was converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors and often exceeds 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Fortnightly Challenge and Weekly Contest. No winners (or losers), either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post multiple images in one message.

*Quote with Thumbnails - If you quote an image that has tags, convert them to [img] tags before replying. This will post your comment with a thumbnail and save space. Failure to [img] in quotes is still a problem at this time. Help fix that.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. The Moderators like that. Observe the [img] policy here, too (especially).

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

Optional - Describe your photo.Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera; ISO; Focal Length; Shutter/Aperture; Lens.

For step-by-step procedures go to these PDF tutorials.

[URL="http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8Y2IzMjdiMmMtNTc2MC00NWUwLThhZDEtYzYwODA0YTM4OWYz&hl=en"]Using ImageShack[/URL]

[URL="http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8ZDUxNzIyM2EtM2M1Mi00YWVkLWFhZTUtYzU5YTEyMmMzOTdk&hl=en"]Using Flickr Revised[/URL]

[URL="http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8MTU0Yjk4MjMtNGRhYy00MGRkLWI2ZDMtMWUwYWM2NTZmNDkw&hl=en"]Using Quote and MultiQuote[/URL]

[URL="http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8MmUxZjk3M2EtMDZiZS00ZmFlLWFmNDctNzY5MzNlNzA1MmJh&hl=en"]How to Edit Your Post[/URL]

Oblomow (doing the honours for Designer Dale and copying his great starting post)

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
p75662459-5.jpg

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Flowering-Tree-Walk.jpg

This was capturing the moments of Spring. It was taken on a London Photowalk - We get together monthly to explore the city more.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Here's my latest from Advanced Lighting. This is our "Food" shoot, I chose a bagel and butter. Shot with my 5D Mark ii, no lighting diagram but I used a small strip light on the right and a large silver reflector on the left.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Don't shoot me for reposting but it was actually June when I posted it in the May thread!

Went out yesterday to shoot of a roll of film. Came back and developed them.

Decided to put up this one because I think it's really fun and a bit different. Light leak in the top left hand adds some quality to the picture.

Hope you like, click for a bigger (and better) version! ;)

Very envious of the location!
4653686310_549925082c_b.jpg

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

Celebrity status (II)

2nd attempt using sparkly wrapping paper as a background, didn't use my 50mm, hence the difference in bokeh. Prefer this one, much broader range of colours. More lighting helped.

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.5
Aperture: f/5.6 (pure guess)
Focal Length: 135 mm
ISO Speed: 100

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006

Celebrity status (II)

2nd attempt using sparkly wrapping paper as a background, didn't use my 50mm, hence the difference in bokeh. Prefer this one, much broader range of colours. More lighting helped.

Have you made the figure yourself?

I love the whole picture! I think it's all great! One thing I would say is that I preferred the darker version you did in the thread for last month... This one seems to bright in the background!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

Celebrity status (II)

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.5
Aperture: f/5.6 (pure guess)
Focal Length: 135 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Fantastic! I want it as my wallpaper!

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
lol hey thanks!! umm...how'd you do that? :eek:

There's a plug in for Firefox that will display this data. Search "EXIF Viewer for Firefox" in Google or Bing and see what you come up with.

I have a different EXIF Viewer that is a stand alone app and not tied to any browser, but it dosen't work as well as the Firefox plug in.

Dale

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Fantastic! I want it as my wallpaper!

It's available in it's original size, just follow this link :)

Have you made the figure yourself?

I love the whole picture! I think it's all great! One thing I would say is that I preferred the darker version you did in the thread for last month... This one seems to bright in the background!

No the figure is called Danboard, it's quite popular on flickr as a photography piece.

I feel the first attempt had more atmosphere, but that's not what I wanted to create, I wanted to re-create the camera flashes you see this celebrities, but keep it bright and colourful, but yeah I think the background is a tad distracting.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Public art. Pioneer Park, Puyallup, Washington.

pioneerparkart3.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/500s f/8.0 ISO100 Tamron 28-75 2.8@28mm

Dale

Oblomow: Much thanks for opening the thread and including the Welcome Post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.