Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
Horsepower. Young lady with her first Jeep, first time off road.

DSC09175-X2.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Makes a very good case for the one size fits all zoom, but of course quality suffers ;)

[doublepost=1496566273][/doublepost]Another macro attempt to see how close in I can actually get...

Moss and Stuff on Concrete
by Hugh Russell, on Flickr

Cheers :)

Hugh
18-200 isn't the way to go imo.

To be honest by the time I'd seen it I'd missed it anyway, so even with the right lens I'd have missed it.

Not loving the concrete shot. Reminds me I need to clean my patio! ;)

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
18-200 isn't the way to go imo.

To be honest by the time I'd seen it I'd missed it anyway, so even with the right lens I'd have missed it.

Not loving the concrete shot. Reminds me I need to clean my patio! ;)
You're right of course, and I left that class of zoom behind a long time ago, but it bears thinking about.
That concrete was part of a 3-4 inch high frog in a bird bath, so the vegetation was pretty tiny. I wanted to see how close I could get and still maintain focus.

Hugh

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
You're right of course, and I left that class of zoom behind a long time ago, but it bears thinking about.
That concrete was part of a 3-4 inch high frog in a bird bath, so the vegetation was pretty tiny. I wanted to see how close I could get and still maintain focus.

Hugh
On really close stuff I find manual focus works better. As does a tripod.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2009
scotland

I have seen your posts before, obviously, but this is the first to strike a cord..

Overtly sexual and hidden intrigue in one image.

This is one sexy lady; the eyes being hidden add to the slight seediness and heat generation despite the cool outdoor reflections.

I like very much the contradictions within this image. More along this line would be excellent.

Regards. Sharkey

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.