Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olifant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Melbourne
Been using Macrumors for years but only stumbled on this forum today because of the August thread ...

I was blown away by your pictures, and was going to post a picture from my July/August US trip when I realised I was sitting on the September side of the International Date Line, so here goes ...

Taken by an iPhone 3GS on the Greenway in New York near 77th street early one morning

3876282709_3436c9daeb.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Charlie

My lab, Charlie stuck his head around my driver's seat right after I got in my car.. I had one shot left on the SD card in my D50, so with the little Nikkor 50mm 1.8, I grabbed this shot. I was a bit close with the 75mm equivalent focal length, but really like the lens on the DX sensor format. This little lens will be a constant companion now...

DSC_8159.jpg

Camera: NIKON
Model: D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 1.8
Focal Length: 50mm

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Wow! dllavaneras and phrasiklea, two amazing scenic shots! I think Legends of the Fall was filmed mostly in Montana, BTW. I must say, though, Slovenia is just a beautiful place as is Venezuela.

pol0001

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2008
London
Took this photo about two weeks ago on the beach. As this (dslr) is a fairly new hobby of mine, I welcome any tips/critical remarks.

Attachments

• Camperduin  004.jpg
    Camperduin 004.jpg
    940.8 KB · Views: 322

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Thanks...

Sometimes, when I'm just messing around with my MacBook or want to chill or unwind (like right now) I get a cup of tea and look at the "Photo of the Day" thread. All of these shots are so beautiful and so different. It's like sitting down with a gorgeous coffee table book of the world... only much better.

Thanks all for sharing your work with the rest of us.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
nothing fancy

nothing fancy or artistic, just a picture of my sun with his "pirate" headwrap on in the sun..

Attachments

• _DSC2833.jpg
    _DSC2833.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 233

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Been using Macrumors for years but only stumbled on this forum today because of the August thread ...

I was blown away by your pictures, and was going to post a picture from my July/August US trip when I realised I was sitting on the September side of the International Date Line, so here goes ...

Taken by an iPhone 3GS on the Greenway in New York near 77th street early one morning

3876282709_3436c9daeb.jpg

From a little 3GS? Impressive! I'm going to have to fire up the camera on mine and play with it some more...:D:D:D

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

I think this was the most comfortable sunrise I have ever witnessed. This was the view from the back of our camper so I set my tripod up, and sat in bed and shot away!

I really liked the purple in the sky on this particular morning after the stars were no longer visible. This purple haze only lasted 2 or 3 minutes before the colors of sun over powered it. Glad I caught it when I did. It was taken about 10 minutes after this shot which is one of my favs from the whole trip!

I had to do some mild photoshopping to remove a car that decided to park right in front of my tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.