Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
IMG_0647-1c.jpg
[/IMG]
Some year's ago I gave myself the assignment of shooting this lake at the start of each month , from the same place , with the same focal length lens .I'm trying to duplicate that assignment in digital now .
5D mk2 , 24-105 @~35 , f9@1/160 , iso 1000 , polarizer

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
Circle of Life

ISO 200 F/3.4 182 mm
Taken in Bejuca Beach, Costa Rica.

Attachments

• P8223946.jpg
    P8223946.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 84

Joe King

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Nice shot, though the light could be better. Wherever did you find him? And how close were you?

Thanks. It's taken in the Glenealo Valley, Glendalough, County Wicklow, Ireland. The goats are easy to find and - unlike the herd of deer that also lives in the valley - don't shy away from humans, mainly because you'd have to make quite an effort to get to them on the crags and rocks they hang out on. Photo was taken from about 100m distance with a Nikon 70-300mm at 300mm. It's quite heavily cropped.

Goat of the day:
Goat_C.jpg

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Stan & Ollie enjoy some discreet ogling...

ogling2.jpg

Truly perfect. Well, maybe I'd be tempted to frame it more tightly and then clone out whatever bit of the upper lamp intruded at the top of the frame. At any rate, you obviously have as much luck conjuring up the perfect femme fatale as you do with with the perfect sheep.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I figured it out....

I finally figured out what i was doing wrong. I havent had a chance to re shoot the car, but hopefully soon. In the mean time, I shot this a few hours ago. Spotted this little guy when i was leaving the house. This is straight from the camera. All i did was open the RAW in PS CS3, and save it as a jpg.

Much Thanks to Maxx and mcjavme for the assistance.

View On Black

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
3896827379_57fb323a36.jpg

This was actually taken back in April but I was bored today so I had a look back through some old images and came across this.

Taken with Nikon D90 + 50mm f/1.8

http://davidgoymer.tumblr.com

Very nice image. With my most sincere respect for you and the model, I find it alluring in many ways.

This is the same hawk i posted before, but on flight at a lower level from where I was on a high point. The background is a clear sky above the valley below.
IMG_7055b.jpg

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
I finally figured out what i was doing wrong. I havent had a chance to re shoot the car, but hopefully soon. In the mean time, I shot this a few hours ago. Spotted this little guy when i was leaving the house. This is straight from the camera. All i did was open the RAW in PS CS3, and save it as a jpg.

Much Thanks to Maxx and mcjavme for the assistance.

View On Black

MUCH better :D :D :D

Is there any way you can recompose the picture to take the subject out of the center? Would love to see what you come up with if anything...

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
There's an (unspoken?) constraint on the Photo of the Day thread that only one photo can be posted...and for the life of me I cannot figure why this would be. (Holdover from the days when memory was more expensive maybe?)

My question is this....is it possible to change the format of this thread, the one that gets (by far) the most hits in a given month, in such a way that it would have more value added to this community? What if it were "Photos of the Day" or "C&C for the day" or something like that.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.