Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Well then, the OP is not going to impress anyone in a studio by bringing a DSLR. Even a 1Ds mkIII will be considered a toy in studio.:rolleyes: He'll need get at least a medium format camera and a P25 (or maybe a P65+) digital back to run with the big dogs.:eek:

In my book, that whole "Image is everything" only applies to the images taken.

Oh, I agree. I sort of freaked when I had the Nikon AF ED lens I rented on my camera and I was asked if I was the local press.

It's the talent. I saw a lady get prints of pics she took at Bryce Canyon and they were gorgeous (like, contest/pro quality). I asked what she shot with and she said some cheap Nikon P&S... :eek:

Unfortunately, we don't carry a book of our best prints around with us in the open to show off... :(

Bobbingtons

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Thanks for your replies everyone, well I went down earlier on today after being mucked around and told 40 mins before hand they were going to be an hour late which left me pretty much stuck in city centre for a hour, in my suit, with all my gear and MB in a storm. Anyways when I did get there I had to wait around for quite a while in the studio, 20 minutes pass and I'm then told that unfortunately the head photographer guy can't see me today because he's too busy :mad: and the woman who I was supposed to be in the studio with only wants one photographer there because its a makeover shoot. Not a happy chappy seeing as I wasted the best part of my day mucking around only to get there to then be told he's too busy, fair play to them though they did drive me back home.

Anyways they asked me to email some stuff and a little info over to them which I have and they asked if I wanted to shoot an event for them this weekend, so fingers crossed it wasn't a totally lost cause. Regarding lens's I just told them I would rent lens's out for any events they want me to shoot which doesn't look to be too expensive. I'll post on if anything comes of it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.