Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I managed to snag the two bands I wanted most, the black milanese and nylon bands today. They didn't have the yellow and royal blue sport bands I wanted too though. Gotta check back another time. Here's some photos of it with my stainless steel black Apple Watch.

[EDIT: Picked up the Royal Blue and Pearl White nylon bands, added more photos :)]

2a5ahpg.jpg

a9r993.jpg

110xiti.jpg

2gwfayb.jpg

1128o55.jpg

2lw6c9.jpg

ehhmpu.jpg

ioem3a.jpg

kb7skm.jpg

ritfkl.jpg

2vsm1li.jpg

w8t0k6.jpg

2r3kwph.jpg

1zzt8oh.jpg

fypb0l.jpg

2dkh0mc.jpg

5y7scj.jpg

Last edited:

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
I bought the black nylon band but seriously debated getting the Milanese band. From your perspective, which one do you like better?

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
Wow, I didn't think these were available in stores yet.

Could a Space Black brother like myself trouble you for a face-up shot of the watch with the black NATO attached? :D

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
I gotta say, the black nylon looks a lot better in person than I thought it would. Will definitely be picking up one. FINALLY, I'll have a new band that actually matches my SGS.

Reactions: testcard

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
This is a great post for Team Space Black as I am really interested in these nylon bands as a casual switch up from the sports band. This looks pretty great and love the adapters and look of the nylon.

Now we need someone to buy the gray leather band and gray classic buckle for some pics :)

Reactions: xDKP

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the stainless steel with black milanase loop. I always thought the silver milanase loop was too feminine for my taste, but I've been jealous of how breathable it seems (important in the Houston summer). The black may be just the ticket.

Reactions: xDKP

xtcv2k

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2015
South Florida
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the stainless steel with black milanase loop. I always thought the silver milanase loop was too feminine for my taste, but I've been jealous of how breathable it seems (important in the Houston summer). The black may be just the ticket.
I saw an apple employee wearing a black milanese on SS and it looked bad ass. Better than the silver milanese.

slesherinyork

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Just received my black nylon a few minutes ago via UPS... looks a lot better in person... here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 755
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 772
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 757

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
How comfortable is the nylon band to wear?

^This is what I'd like to know.
I've been using a sport band and find it very comfortable but I'd like something different.

I'm curious as well. Specifically if someone can describe how the retaining loop is made. Does it seem like one seamless piece, or does it have a join somewhere? If there is a join, how are the two ends held together? I've had nylon bands before where the loop is formed by fusing (ie. melting) the nylon at the ends together. This part ends up being very itchy. Now this is Apple, so I'm sure they've taken steps to prevent that, but I would to hear from someone who has one.

Karnicopia

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2015
Never realized any of the nylon had black buckle. That's pretty cool, thanks for the pics they look great. Definitely raised my interest in that band.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Like the sports band can you get it wet? I mean not shower with it or swim but just washing your hands?

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Apparently my comment from this morning didn't post. Did you walk into an apple store and pick one up or were you able to just give them a call to find out if they had stock? Very interested in getting a black milanese.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I called ahead to check, they are able to check their stock inventory for local stores. You can also go online to the Apple site for a live text chat with Apple support they will also check for you.

The nylon feels very very comfortable, I'd say even more comfortable than the sport bands cause it's lighter. You'll forget it's there. It will definitely soak up water and sweat though, so I'd probably avoid wearing it when working out or on rainy days lol~ also the buckle on the nylon band feels like plastic, not metal.

jam_

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2015
Arizona
What do you think of the Pearl Nylon on the SG? I can't decide between Black or Pearl Nylon for my SGS.
Edit: Added Nylon

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
How comfortable is the nylon band to wear?
I just got the pink nylon this morning and I love it. So comfortable and light. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing my watch! Will definitely be getting another one.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I just got the pink nylon this morning and I love it. So comfortable and light. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing my watch! Will definitely be getting another one.

That sounds great - I used to have quite a heavy watch, and I thought the Sport when I originally bought it would be too light, but I ended up loving not really being able to feel it when wearing it.

Looking forward to my nylon strap being delivered!

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
I had ordered the black woven nylon band and Apple said 2-3 weeks for delivery. I checked my local Apple store this morning, in-stock. Cancelled my original order and re-ordered for pickup. Here are a few photos of it.

It's much more comfortable than I thought it would be, I really like it. Especially since my original silicone band has really started to wear out, it's not quite as comfortable as it first was.

IMG_6436.JPG IMG_6437.JPG IMG_6438.JPG IMG_6439.JPG IMG_6441.JPG

Reactions: mac666er

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Great pictures all - Could we not take more photos with the watches on the wrist? :) What I would love the most - Thanks

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
The big issue with the black band (which I love) is that Apple didn't make one with a regular steel buckle. It's a space grey buckle or nothing. Doesn't look great with the SS model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.