Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
i'm anxious to see some real-world photos, as well, but as macOSX-tastic pointed out, it's still too new - just give it a couple weeks and they'll be all over the place, I bet!

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
xfiftyfour said:
i'm anxious to see some real-world photos, as well, but as macOSX-tastic pointed out, it's still too new - just give it a couple weeks and they'll be all over the place, I bet!
well the mac pro pics came out pretty damn fast.

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
I was gonna ask this question this morning! Haha. Umm. I can't wait to see pics either. I'm trying to get my dad to upgrade from our 17" iMac G5 REV A I believe to a 24" iMac.

We'll see what happens!

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Even more than seeing pics, I can't wait to see one of these babys down at the apple store. IT'S GONNA LOOK HUGE!

MacBoySeattle

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2006
If they ain't on Flickr, they ain't available :D And they ain't on Flickr yet :) I know, I check every half hour :eek: It's the new media net age, believe me when someone has pictures of one, it'll be on that site.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Halsey12 said:
None at the Apple store in Portland, OR. They have the sign for the 24" one sitting next to a 20" one.

Alright then. I don't get to go to an Apple store that often, although I suspect that it'll pick up soon when I've got a 3 hour break on Tuesdays between classes.

KevAllen83

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
Seems as if the Apple Retail Stores are keeping hush hush about the new iMac and the new pricing of the 17" and 20". I went by the North Point, GA. store and they had absolutely no mention of the 24", and they had the old pricing of the old iMacs still up. This was on Friday night. I dont like the fact that Apple has updated their pricing, yet their retail stores haven't acknowledged it - like they're trying to get that extra $200 or so out of the customers that haven't kept up with the online store.

I read about this on the board happening at another store, so it's not just North Point...

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
KevAllen83 said:
Seems as if the Apple Retail Stores are keeping hush hush about the new iMac and the new pricing of the 17" and 20". I went by the North Point, GA. store and they had absolutely no mention of the 24", and they had the old pricing of the old iMacs still up. This was on Friday night. I dont like the fact that Apple has updated their pricing, yet their retail stores haven't acknowledged it - like they're trying to get that extra $200 or so out of the customers that haven't kept up with the online store.

I read about this on the board happening at another store, so it's not just North Point...

The Apple store at The Grove in Los Angeles had the new Mac's for sale on Thursday minus the 24". They said those were coming in this week.

btree

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2006
USA
KevAllen83 said:

They probably just haven't gotten the signage in yet. It always happens, give it a week.

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC + Madison, WI
Halsey12 said:
None at the Apple store in Portland, OR. They have the sign for the 24" one sitting next to a 20" one.

Same situation at the 5th Avenue & SoHo stores in NYC. No promises from the Apple store sales guy. They said they'd be coming "soon" when I asked.

Farewell G4

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2006
Halsey12 said:

Yeah, they don't have 'em in Chicago yet... I asked the salesguy and he said he expected them to be in by Wednesday this week...

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
AJ Muni said:
ANy1 else notice that the owner of the 24'' seen in those pics was surfing macrumors on his old mac? Looks like he's on the front page.. BTW, that thing is HUUUUUUUGE (donald trump voice)

It also looks like that person lives in a Tomb Raider Enviroment!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.