Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdoll021

macrumors 6502
Original poster
This problem has been bugging me for awhile now and I have yet to find a fix for it. Every time I update one of my playlists on my iPad or one of my computers, the update refuses to carry over to my iPhone. I just tried duplicating the playlist, syncing my phone with my computer, rebooting it and various other fixes and it just refuses to update.

The only thing that does seem to work is turning off iCloud Library and then turning it back on again. The problem with that is I only download certain playlists to my phone and when I turn the iCloud Library off and on again, I have to redownload EVERYTHING! I don't feel like I should have to turn iCloud Library off and on EVERY SINGLE STINKING TIME I update a playlist on my iPad or Mac.

Has anyone found a solution that does NOT involve turning iCloud Library off and on?

Thanks!

Edit: I am running iOS 11.2.6 on both my phone and iPad Pro and OS X 10.13.3 on both my Macs.

jdoll021

macrumors 6502
Original poster
What's the longest you've waited for the sync to occur?
Last time this happened, I waited about 3 days before I gave up and just turned iCloud Music off and on.
[doublepost=1519924719][/doublepost]As an update: Last night, on my iMac, I tried to create a duplicate playlist hoping that would force a sync onto my phone. The duplicate playlist has since shown up on my MBP and my iPad, but NOT my phone!

jdoll021

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Last update: The playlist finally synced. I'm not sure exactly when, but I noticed it yesterday afternoon. It seemed like the sync issue was a symptom of a much larger problem because none of my reminder alerts for either the native reminders app or the Due App were working on Thursday. Not sure why it took two days for the phone to finally sync but it did finally sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.