Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Hey guys,

I searched EVERYWHERE on MacRumors and even on Google, but even though iPadOS 17 is a major update, surprisingly, I couldn't find much information. :(

There's an official MacRumors thread on iOS 17 yet there isn't one for iPadOS 17?

I just want to know if users have had problems installing this? How long will this take to install?

My device is an iPad 9th gen.

Thank you for any device!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
There are no reports of problems installing the update and the amount of time it takes to complete the process is different for everyone. Your network connection is what determines the amount of time it takes to update.. You'll have to update to find out

Reactions: BeautifulWoman_1984

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
There are no reports of problems installing the update and the amount of time it takes to complete the process is different for everyone. Your network connection is what determines the amount of time it takes to update.. You'll have to update to find out
Thank you for your reply!

I want to install iPadOS 17 right now but I just want to know I won't have problems later on?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Thank you for your reply!

I want to install iPadOS 17 right now but I just want to know I won't have problems later on?
Issues after updating is a possibility and there's no way to know if you will have any until you update. If you update to iPad OS17 and have issues you can downgrade to iPad OS16.6.1 for around a week after 17 is released..

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
I have an 8th Gen iPad and installed it yesterday.

No issues. As a matter of fact it was the fastest install I've had. Usually it takes 3-4 times as long as any of my other OS installs.

I started this and my phone at the same time and for the first time even the iPad was finished first.

I like the new or ported from iPhone home screen.

The only issue I have is I cant change it from the home screen because of TouchID. I have to go into settings to change it or turn off TouchID.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulWoman_1984

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
For anyone that's not sure if they should install iPadOS 17 or not: I installed it on the 20th of Sept and so far so good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.