Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bdeals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
I have attached 2 pics of what's occurring. 1 is of my itunes showing the songs are gray and not transferring to my ipod. The other pic is how the songs appear on my ipod. They are listed on my ipod, but will not play. The songs play properly in itunes, but with I try to sync my ipod or drag them manually to my ipod, the songs don't transfer. I would prefer to just add the several songs manually. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
ipod: 7.1.1
itunes: 11.2.2.3

1 (2).jpg

photo.PNG

Bdeals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
Yes, I've tried the sync button as well and I get the same result.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
that's weird, usually when I get that same problem I just click sync and it reloads right up.

Bdeals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
MaybeI just don't know how to use itunes. I honestly have used it to transfer songs in a few years and recently updated to 11. I have it setup to transfer manually. I selected the songs in my library that I want to add. Then drag and drop onto the device name on the right hand side. Then what is supposed to happen? What am I missing?

headsh0t95

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2013
Netherlands
MaybeI just don't know how to use itunes. I honestly have used it to transfer songs in a few years and recently updated to 11. I have it setup to transfer manually. I selected the songs in my library that I want to add. Then drag and drop onto the device name on the right hand side. Then what is supposed to happen? What am I missing?

Have you read this support page from Apple? http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1535
It explains how to do this.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
I have attached 2 pics of what's occurring. 1 is of my itunes showing the songs are gray and not transferring to my ipod. The other pic is how the songs appear on my ipod. They are listed on my ipod, but will not play. The songs play properly in itunes, but with I try to sync my ipod or drag them manually to my ipod, the songs don't transfer. I would prefer to just add the several songs manually. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
ipod: 7.1.1
itunes: 11.2.2.3

View attachment 476371

View attachment 476372
hi. did you found a solution for this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.