Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dorsal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2002
There are lots of plug ins to make my video blurry, jumpy, faded color, or weird colors, but I’m looking to make my video look better. Like richer, more realistic color, sharper image, etc. I know I could probably use the manual adjustments in FCP, but looking for a simpler solution

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Final Cut Pro has a "Balance Color" feature, an icon resembling a magic wand under the playback monitor. You select a clip and click the icon, and it will automatically enhance the color and lightning. And if you don't like how the final result looks, you can manually tweak it afterward.

lin2log

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Okay, so you're looking for a "Make my video great with a single click because I don't know what I'm doing and don't want to learn or do anything myself" plugin?

Nope sorry. Have yet to find one. Lemme know when you do.

if you don't like how the final result looks, you can manually tweak it afterward.

HUH? There is exactly ZERO manual anything with the color balance feature.

Mr.Fox

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2020
There are lots of plug ins
seriously? And if you manually adjust it, does the planet stop? It's gone! Chief, what do I do?!
make my video look better. Like richer, more realistic color, sharper image, etc.
You're looking for clearly the wrong one. You're looking for presets like this: magic preset, amazing preset to please everyone, wow, super-duper, awesome, love-subscribe-goodbye. Don't hurt yourself, drink more!
use the manual adjustments in FCP
So you know or probably? why?
but looking for a simpler solution
Download the preset :) The elite are watching the video in 480p

P.S.Learn how to process video!

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I've tried a couple of video enhancing methods and was somewhat impressed by some of the results but that stuff takes a long, long, long time to process (when I didn't get a crash) even on a short, low resolution video.

cobra521

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2016
FL
dorsal,

It's not a plug-in but I like Topaz Video AI. It's a bit costly and has a learning curve but I do think it's worth it.

Tom

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
There are lots of plug ins to make my video blurry, jumpy, faded color, or weird colors, but I’m looking to make my video look better. Like richer, more realistic color, sharper image, etc. I know I could probably use the manual adjustments in FCP, but looking for a simpler solution
FCPeffects has a number of good, affordable plugins. I have quite a few of them, quite useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.