Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

castlema

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2003
I know there are many threads lamenting about the Podcast App's shortcomings. Here's mine.

I have my iPhone SE set up to sync podcasts from my iMac. This only happens randomly, some days all my podcasts will sync, somedays only some of them will. I don't like it but even after hours on the phone with Apple Support there seems to be no remedy.

So what I do is to manually download podcasts which show up in "Play Now". Sometimes this works but more often I will click on "Download Podcast", I will see the little progress circle, and them the little downward point arrow will appear. Many times within seconds that arrow will disappear and the podcast can no longer be played. Sometimes, after multiple download attempts, the podcast will remain but this can take over 20 attempts. Fro some podcasts I will start listening to them only to have them spontaneously de-download and no longer be playable.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.