Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyrax

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
I know Podcasts is one of those apps that always seems to be melting down for some people, and now it's my turn. I updated to 8.4.1 last week on my iPhone 6. Shortly after, while playing podcasts, the app will become unresponsive to button presses - play, move forward/back 15 seconds, and so forth. When I switch to the app, it crashes. When I load up the app again, the podcast's progress is messed up, like I wasn't playing it for N minutes. Rebooting does not fix this, and I even tried turning off sync in settings thinking it was an iCloud problem. That's not it, though.

Has this happened to anyone?

Good Morning Dave

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2015
California
Exact same stuff happening with mine. Buttons on lock screen are unresponsive, then the app crashes, with the podcast restarting from the point it began at before the app crashed. Restarting app and phone aren't helping. Now my podcasts aren't downloading or updating either. Really frustrating.

(Not sure if its related, but also having weird issues with Apple Music/iCloud not saving or playing music on Tmobile data connection, iCloud window in Settings freezing and unresponsive when opening, App store not updating apps)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.