Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
Well i haven't bought anything yet. I know my original post was about a compact as a compliment to my slr. But the Casio Exilim EX-F1 caught my eye. What do you guys think about that?

I have the Exilim EX-Z1050. I love it! It takes some amazing pictures with amazing quality for a point and shoot!

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Well i haven't bought anything yet. I know my original post was about a compact as a compliment to my slr. But the Casio Exilim EX-F1 caught my eye. What do you guys think about that?

I was originally looking at the Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z1200. I like the Casio because it natively uses H.264 video compression, a very efficient algorithm. And believe it or not, my $20 Casio wristwatch is the most accurate watch I've ever owned for keeping time.
Does the EX-F1 do what you want it to? I guess that's what it comes down to. Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm now leaning towards the Canon Powershot SD870 IS. But what I need to do is get down to a camera store, feel some cameras and pick some brains.
Morod

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
I have a Casio Exilim 8.1MP camera and I love it. I got it just before the holidays. It takes great pictures and is very easy to use. Intuitive menus with photo samples on screen rather than text is very helpful. You can adjust the camera to get more sophiticated or use about 30 pre-programmed settings like Children, Pets, B&W etc.

I also like the YouTube video mode as I take lots of that kind of footage of our newborn son and post for family to see.

I think it might have been discontinued, but you might be able to find one online somehwere.

FWIW it's the same top end P&S that Ken Rockwell recommends. Also, you should be able to find one under $300.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Not that I want to hijack this thread, but I felt it would be better than creating a new one.

I'm looking for a good, small, travel camera that has some more "advanced" features (I guess).

I really like the Sony DSC-T300 camera's, but I hate the touch screen on them. Any recommendations with similar specs to it? I don't need/want a Sony camera. :)

Edit: I'll make my own thread instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.