Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you had hardware problems with your late 2016 or newer MacBook Pro?

• Total voters

nouveau_redneck

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
I think the premise of getting a reliable statistics from a forums is very flawed. By their very nature people only respond to issues and surveys that interest them. So the bias of respondents would be for those that had issues. This response bias is one of the biggest issues in any survey.

Exactly. And most people that are not having issues are not even visiting this forum. They are working/playing on their MBPs.

I did add a vote to no issues for one of many not visiting this forum, since I don't have a '16 or later myself. ;)

vaugha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2011
My mbp is only a few months old, so a little premature to say but none so far.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
cannot participate the poll via tapatalk, but yes... the keyboard, from the beginning.

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2014
Exactly. And most people that are not having issues are not even visiting this forum. They are working/playing on their MBPs.

I did add a vote to no issues for one of many not visiting this forum, since I don't have a '16 or later myself. ;)

Why would you vote if you dont have a '16 and above..

evilmurries

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2019
Bay Area, CA
2016 13" mbp

Keyboard arrow keys starting to become unresponsive. The charging thunderbolt port is loose. Gonna take it in soon. Bought it almost immediately after they came out. I am a student so it travels and gets beaten up quite a bit.

Garage Battle

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Orlando, FL
had a few keys get stuck that required a can of air duster to fix. my #8 key gets tappy/ticky sounding when the laptop is warm. I am extremely gentle with mine and I still worry everytime I take it on a work trip.

Huubster

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2010
Yes my late 2016 13” WITH TouchBar recently developed a swollen battery, and the keyboard an trackpad got warped as a result. After they did a diagnostic at the Genius Bar (they could see what chargers I had used etc!), they decided that battery and keyboard could replaced free of cost. I find this remarkable, because I thought that only non Touch Bar MBP’s were eligible for this replacement program. But apparently there there is also a swollen battery issue with a small batch of MBP’s with Touch Bar. Can’t complain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.