Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What colour should go with the red iPhone?

• Total voters

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
Love the red, but needs a black front for me. Also would match the black camera lens. It's why I really loved the colors of the 5C. The only thing stopping me from picking up a yellow or blue 5C was the fact that it wasn't an upgrade from my 5. For now, I have the Apple RED silicone case which basically achieves the look I want, with the added bonus of providing some protection.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you already have an iPhone 7 / Plus then just get a skin and save money for IPhone 8 which will release in 5 months
Well, it's probably around half a year at this point still.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
IMG_0336.JPG Black and red like the old u2 edition click wheel.

Reactions: Jetcat3

TwitchyPuppy

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2016
Canada
I would've preferred it with a red TouchID ring. It does look sick, though. If I were to get it, I'd put the phone in a clear Spigen case to show it off!

And I prefer that red/white combination. It contrasts more.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Macrumors have been around for a while. I'm confused as to why you can't do a real poll like XDA DEVELOPERS forums. Who can actually keep up with a lot of post is beyond me

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Probably a dumb question, but if the screen cracked and you went to Apple for a screen replacement, would they put a black screen on if requested?

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
Red and black look nice but red and white is the (RED) color scheme. Seems like a no-brainer for red and white once you realize that.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Probably a dumb question, but if the screen cracked and you went to Apple for a screen replacement, would they put a black screen on if requested?
Systematically, it won't let them. They have to tie a serial number of the display to the phone, and it will let them know if the part is wrong. May have different luck at a third party store, but it could jack your TouchID and secure enclave.

TwitchyPuppy

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2016
Canada
Systematically, it won't let them. They have to tie a serial number of the display to the phone, and it will let them know if the part is wrong. May have different luck at a third party store, but it could jack your TouchID and secure enclave.

Yeah, with third parties, TouchID won't work because they don't have the proper tools to reprogram it.

foxconn

Suspended
Sep 6, 2016

find someone who is about to quit and doesn't give a damn :p

if i was a genius i would do this before i quit lol

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
So a lot of people have very varied opinions on whether or not Apple made the right decision with regards to making the (Product)RED iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models have a white front, or if it should've been a black front. Let's hear it guys - what do you think? Personally, I think all white aside from the red of course, is the preferred way to go - Apple logo, front, preferably even as much as the camera housing as possible - and then a red TouchID ring.
White is the best color accompanying the red. As it is more artistic and interesting than boring black. Thanks to Apple for picking white over black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.