Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpiritualTourist6545

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2022
Hello everyone,

My iPhone 7 Plus has a strange behaviour.

Sometimes apps failed to open.

If they do, the UI is very laggy.

I am not a tech guy, but I tried to investigate a bit.

I found on the Internet that when something like that happens on PC, possible cause could be the hard disk.

I did some testing on my device disk and this is what I got:

JazzDiskBench

disk_1.jpg

Disk Bench Pro

disk_2.jpg

The problem is that 230 pictures which are visible in Photos cannot be backed up neither by iCloud or via iTunes backup.

Do you think if I go to a service shop somewhere they will be able to save my data?

Thanks a lot

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Couple possibilities:
- how healthy is the battery? If it's 80% or lower, that can cause the major throttling.
- how full is the storage? SSD can have a severely degraded performance if it's near full. Try to have at least 20% of free space.

Best bet is to have Apple diagnose it.

SpiritualTourist6545

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2022
Couple possibilities:
- how healthy is the battery? If it's 80% or lower, that can cause the major throttling.
- how full is the storage? SSD can have a severely degraded performance if it's near full. Try to have at least 20% of free space.

Best bet is to have Apple diagnose it.
Great suggestions! Battery has been replaced at a non-Apple service so I guess it's a chinese replica but still 100% after 5 months. Storage is 256GB of which 55GB are used. Plenty of free GBs.

Could be the battery though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.