Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I do like the space grey. The only Max I could get in 256GBs was gold, but it's not too shabby either.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Upgraded from a silver X to a gold 512 Max. I loved the X, but the Max is what I've been waiting for: it's been a long time coming. I do not have the charging issue or poor cell reception. Cellular connection is solid and faster than my X in every location that I frequent. The screen is gorgeous: uniform, no dead pixels, no yellow blotches. I love no bezels and no home button (been wanting the Home Button gone since I had a jailbreak app that provided similar swipe functionality). I wasn't sure about the gold until I got it in my hand, but I love it: great, understated color, and I hate putting a case on it (I carry the device without a case unless I'm at the gym, running or cycling).

All in all, I'm delighted with the Max!

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
Upgraded from a silver X to a gold 512 Max. I loved the X, but the Max is what I've been waiting for: it's been a long time coming. I do not have the charging issue or poor cell reception. Cellular connection is solid and faster than my X in every location that I frequent. The screen is gorgeous: uniform, no dead pixels, no yellow blotches. I love no bezels and no home button (been wanting the Home Button gone since I had a jailbreak app that provided similar swipe functionality). I wasn't sure about the gold until I got it in my hand, but I love it: great, understated color, and I hate putting a case on it (I carry the device without a case unless I'm at the gym, running or cycling).

All in all, I'm delighted with the Max!

Pretty much my experience, too. I've covered up my phone with one of Apple's leather cases, though.

Reactions: Pipper99

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Next yearly updater. Went from silver 256X to gold 512XS Max.

Max a great portable computing device. Faster Face ID, great screen, happy I upped the size from X.

Only issue was home network would go to 2.4GHz band. Solved that by designating separate name for 5GHz band on my multi device AirPort Extreme network.

Turns out to be good thing as checking my two dozen neighbor networks on my Mac, they all use 2.4GHz only. So I have zero interference now.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I’ve had plus sized phones since the 6plus came out. When I switched to the X I loved it but really missed the bigger screen. Now that the Max is here I love it.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
After reading all the complaints in the forum regarding the XS (regular and max)... I feel lucky with my Max... reception is better for me, that battery is great (after those first couple of days)... it may have a tendency to grab 2.4 ghz over 5.. but frankly for 95% of what I do, I don't notice the difference. I only notice because MR has me so paranoid I keep checking! I do have confidence Apple will patch it later. I do notice it connects to wifi a LOT faster than even my X, so maybe thats it.. just too fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.