Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yael-S.

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2022
3MTzNZu.png

Alpine Linux and river wm

Reactions: iAssimilated

DCBassman

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2021
West Devon, UK
Screenshot_2024-04-28_16-56-03.png

For reasons unknown, MX wouldn't run on this machine when I tried it the other day, hence the install of Antix. However, as these are very closely-related distros, I flashed a new copy of the 32-bit MX installer and tried again, et voila! Not nearly as lightweight as Antix, but still not exactly greedy. Will likely keep this OS on the Macbook.

Reactions: iAssimilated

ToniCH

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2020
View attachment 2372729

For reasons unknown, MX wouldn't run on this machine when I tried it the other day, hence the install of Antix. However, as these are very closely-related distros, I flashed a new copy of the 32-bit MX installer and tried again, et voila! Not nearly as lightweight as Antix, but still not exactly greedy. Will likely keep this OS on the Macbook.
MacBook 2,1 has a 32 bit bootloader but it's a 64 bit machine. So, you need one of those builds which can do this. Same thing we discussed on previous page.

Here are some ready made options, not all might work with your machine so you might need to try few. You can also make your own.

Reactions: DCBassman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.