Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diotav

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2005
D100421.png

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
This weekend we finally finished moving into our new house. However, our province has been getting battered by freezing rain and fog these last few weeks, so there is ice everywhere. This morning we woke up to find all the trees covered in ice. I grabbed my camera and went and snapped a few shots, resulting in one of them being desktop worthy for my iMac.

New Home Screenshot.png

Couple of branches snapped though, which sucks.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I'm not exciting; I like simple wallpapers that fade into the background.

Desktop:
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 9.27.20 PM.jpg

Mobile:
IMG_0492.jpg

The above just emphasis to me how badly Apple needs to finish their work with widgets and make the (hopefully obvious to Apple) change on iPad so you can fill the display with widgets.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I gave in to the power of Big Sur wallpaper with a little quick editing - monochrome with false color = kisses.
ActiveDock2 (undecided about keep using this) ActiveDock2 theme is a remake of a theme from Rick Patrick back in the day.
I called it ROTR - I forget if Rick Patrick named his that as well?!
The themes for ActiveDock2 can be extracted from the application resources and copied into the user's Application Support theme folder for ActiveDock2.

Disk and Folder; my own
Some are Juice icons from ApplyPixels and the Trashcan icon is my own.
Untitled.jpeg

imDanish

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2014
Denmark
I'm not exciting; I like simple wallpapers that fade into the background.

Desktop:
View attachment 1756539

Mobile:
View attachment 1756538

The above just emphasis to me how badly Apple needs to finish their work with widgets and make the (hopefully obvious to Apple) change on iPad so you can fill the display with widgets.
Lovely! Any chance you can point me in the right direction for downloading your desktop wallpaper?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
@GerritV that's some fun trickery - Acorn can remove the overcast :D It's probably akin to the removal of yellow tint on old photographs. I achieved a similar look and it can be made quite good looking. I'm not trying to copy you or anything - I don't have the chomps for that ;)

Edit. this wallpaper is hella distorted - I wonder if I even got a hold of the higher res one while editing. I must then just have made a wrong turn at some point.

Menubar drop shadow is provided by the Mac App Store app Old Menu Bar
Menu Bar Tint handles the inner shadow instead of Old Menu Bar. Menu Bar Tint has recently been updated too to hide the shadow it creates so that it doesn't linger around when hiding the menu bar for instance.

Almost a fresh install of Big Sur, baby ?
1618537921116.png

Last edited:

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
@GerritV that's some fun trickery - Acorn can remove the overcast :D It's probably akin to the removal of yellow tint on old photographs. I achieved a similar look and it can be made quite good looking. I'm not trying to copy you or anything - I don't have the chomps for that ;)

Menubar drop shadow is provided by the Mac App Store app Old Menu Bar
Menu Bar Tint handles the inner shadow instead of Old Menu Bar. Menu Bar Tint has recently been updated too to hide the shadow it creates so that it doesn't linger around when hiding the menu bar for instance.

Almost a fresh install of Big Sur, baby ?
View attachment 1758529
@allan.nyholm Lovely mod yourself !

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Edit. this wallpaper is hella distorted - I wonder if I even got a hold of the higher res one while editing. I must then just have made a wrong turn at some point.
Like I said, this original image is so low quality compared to any other. I don't think you did anything wrong.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Also, wanted give kudos to the app Dynaper from the Mac App Store. I have no affiliation with it, but read about it on iDownload blog. It can let you easily create dynamic wallpapers for Big Sur. It's $2.99 to remove the watermark on basic light mode dark mode files, but it creates.heic files that you can pick in System Preferences that change base on the system settings - so it's just creating the file and not running some background process.

I've used it to have a more blue version of my wallpaper for light mode and the darker grey in the evenings.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Also, wanted give kudos to the app Dynaper from the Mac App Store. I have no affiliation with it, but read about it on iDownload blog. It can let you easily create dynamic wallpapers for Big Sur. It's $2.99 to remove the watermark on basic light mode dark mode files, but it creates.heic files that you can pick in System Preferences that change base on the system settings - so it's just creating the file and not running some background process.

I've used it to have a more blue version of my wallpaper for light mode and the darker grey in the evenings.
Thanks for the tip. Most drawing programs liek Acorn and Pixelmator can open these .heic files and while in there a user can replace the images already there and Save As New HEIC file ?

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Thanks for the tip. Most drawing programs liek Acorn and Pixelmator can open these .heic files and while in there a user can replace the images already there and Save As New HEIC file ?
I know that if you open it in Preview you can see all sub images in the sidebar, but I’ve never tried editing a .heic file.

Reactions: bhtwo

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
I know that if you open it in Preview you can see all sub images in the sidebar, but I’ve never tried editing a .heic file.
I can open these in Pixelmator, so I guess PS also, apparently I can't save to the root as I don't have permission.

I have to save to another location... usually the desktop (for me ).

What larks!

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
So yeah, the missing gloss overlay for a supposed CelShaded theme for Big Sur.. Anybody -- halp

Made progress - everything on deviantart unless requested otherwise.

Also uploaded to my deviantart account here: CelShaded Green Beta Exceptional for Big Sur and the description also includes a link to my Firefox Color theme to use with this
CelShaded-promo.png

Last edited:

Captain Trips

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2020
In before the end of the month. I grabbed various pictures off the web to make a montage of Apple stuff. including a stock picture for a PowerBook G4 I just ordered but have not yet received.

EDIT: I didn't like the horizontal split between white and black in the background, it was a little too jarring. When I changed the black background to white I couldn't get rid of all the black color around he multi-color Apple name and when I searched for a replacement I couldn't find one. So I used a Steve Jobs/Think Different graphic in place of that and I replaced the 30th anniversary with 40th anniversary.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 7.27.56 AM.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.