Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamlbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
South Yorkshire, UK
Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 5.32.34 pm.png

Throwback to iOS 8 :apple:

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
awesome Mac OS 9 !!!!!!! How, please tell me! :) lol.
Hello ratspg...
Glad you like the OS9 theme.

Here's how...

ControlStrip is Menustrip by indeeo (app store), I swapped out dragbar.tiff for the control strip icon.

Menubar clock is White clock - www.taimila.com/blog/white-clock-for-osx/

Running app top right menubar is Focus app - http://eerko.vissering.nl/caesars/

Rounded corners menubar is Displaperture - com.manytricks.Displaperture

Retro Apple logo and Welcome box are applied with Photostickies (app store)

I resized the icons with Hobiconer now Icon Slate - www.kodlian.com/apps/icon-slate

Reduced transparency in system prefs.

OS9 again.jpg

Last edited:

ratspg

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Hello ratspg...
Glad you like the OS9 theme.

Here's how...

ControlStrip is Menustrip by indeeo (app store), I swapped out dragbar.tiff for the control strip icon.

Menubar clock is White clock - www.taimila.com/blog/white-clock-for-osx/

Running app top right menubar is Focus app - http://eerko.vissering.nl/caesars/

Rounded corners menubar is Displaperture - com.manytricks.Displaperture

Retro Apple logo and Welcome box are applied with Photostickies (app store)

I resized the icons with Hobiconer now Icon Slate - www.kodlian.com/apps/icon-slate

Reduced transparency in system prefs.

View attachment 1941821
Thank you so much for this! I'll have to give it on a try on macOS Monterey

Reactions: bhtwo

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

How? What OS and configurations do you have running here?

's fascinated me all my life and the more I've learned, the more I'm intrigued. This is my

SWEET! I'm also a kindred spirit and fan of Ancient Egypt culture, sculptures etc. I'm still learning and still glued to findings! I cannot get enough ... would you mind sharing your wallpapers related on this subject please? Any links to archeological finds?

PS: about 12-15yrs ago there was a TV special hosted by Maury Povich about finding a 'Hall of Records' prophesized to be found under the Sphynx. In that show Maury and some team found some tomb that pretty much resembled the crypt and 4 pillars of Mum-Ra from the original Thundercats cartoon (just the crypt part), that was supposedly burried under water, with glyphs on the outer walls still fresh and a sarcophagus being 14Ft long and 6ft deep. This turned out to be an elaborate hoax yet unfortunately I cannot find any specific video detailing this on the net and I've been trying, in vane, to find this. Haven't yet. Curious if you recall this, heard of it or seen it on live TV when it aired long ago.

FOUND IT: Can't believe it.

• Love
Reactions: GuruZac

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
Amazing! Yeah I’ve always had a deep interest in ancient Egyptian culture. They were so successful for so long. They were already ancient by the time Herodotus traveled there around 400 BCE. The Egyptians that Herodotus met lived closer to us (time-wise) with iPhones than the ancient Egyptians in the first dynasties of the Old Kingdom (~ 2900 BCE) ?. The built on an almost unimaginable scale with baffling precision.

I will definitely share any wallpapers! I’ve got another already.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepIn2U

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
· macOS Mojave with my KLASSISK theme with themed buttons for Finder and other apps.

· SlumberBean.com wallpaper that's been resized and cropped using Machine Learning with Pixelmator Pro
(the Slumbering Bean is usually in the bottom right corner of the image - it's what I cropped to take out)
I previously had a copy of this image from SlumberBean.com - however my copy ended up corrupted and I had to reverse image search, because no name was attached to the image - Thanks to Google Images and WallpaperCave I obtained a fresh copy.
That's as far as your interrogation will get you.. my lips are sealed from now on.

I just have to write the following...

· Bowtie theme called Nü Elegance by me.

· Folder and Drive belong to the Puft System icon set by David Lanham.
I realized that these icons aren't Retina-ready, but for now they are cool enough.

· Mousecape cursors isn't visible in this screenshot, but they are also my own creation called Ignite that's free to download on my deviantart page. Same with the Bowtie theme and KLASSISK theme.

· Eyeballs didn't make it this time, but it's ready for action.
Eyeballs is now at version 3.4 and is now free - as in your loved ones sweet kisses.
Eyeballs

· Focus is seen top right looking sharp. Updated link below

· Shotr (renamed Shottr in newer versions) took the screenshot Shottr

Do what you will with all this information. 👅

Edit again.. I also use Menu Bar Tint and have manually tweaked the wallpaper with a grey bar for the space behind the menubar.
Edit.. a huge thanks to @bhtwo who led me to the Focus app website that is now situated on a newer page here.
eerko.nl - just refreshing the URL for y'all
SCR-20220117-2dw.png

Last edited:

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
· macOS Mojave with my KLASSISK theme with themed buttons for Finder and other apps.

· SlumberBean.com wallpaper that's been resized and cropped using Machine Learning with Pixelmator Pro
(the Slumbering Bean is usually in the bottom right corner of the image - it's what I cropped to take out)
I previously had a copy of this image from SlumberBean.com - however my copy ended up corrupted and I had to reverse image search, because no name was attached to the image - Thanks to Google Images and WallpaperCave I obtained a fresh copy.
That's as far as your interrogation will get you.. my lips are sealed from now on.

I just have to write the following...

· Bowtie theme called Nü Elegance by me.

· Folder and Drive belong to the Puft System icon set by David Lanham.
I realized that these icons aren't Retina-ready, but for now they are cool enough.

· Mousecape cursors isn't visible in this screenshot, but they are also my own creation called Ignite that's free to download on my deviantart page. Same with the Bowtie theme and KLASSISK theme.

· Eyeballs didn't make it this time, but it's ready for action.
Eyeballs is now at version 3.4 and is now free - as in your loved ones sweet kisses.
Eyeballs

· Focus is seen top right looking sharp. Updated link below

· Shotr (renamed Shottr in newer versions) took the screenshot Shottr

Do what you will with all this information. ?

Edit again.. I also use Menu Bar Tint and have manually tweaked the wallpaper with a grey bar for the space behind the menubar.
Edit.. a huge thanks to @bhtwo who led me to the Focus app website that is now situated on a newer page here.
eerko.nl - just refreshing the URL for y'all
View attachment 1945229
Great custo work Allan. And I do remember the Puft icon set ;-)

• Love
Reactions: allan.nyholm

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Any dynamic desktops available (like the Apple ones that change depending upon time of day etc)?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
@Ifti Here's some more wallpapers (and other goodies too) that change during the time of day

I re-discovered these as I was browsing Max Rudberg's Twitter account.

Reactions: bhtwo and Ifti

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
@Ifti Here's some more wallpapers (and other goodies too) that change during the time of day

I re-discovered these as I was browsing Max Rudberg's Twitter account.
Good to see Max is still on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.