Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
wallpaper edited-ed to better fit with my cDock theme IMO
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 20.38.32.png

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Good ol' Ventura - I still have Monterey, I just picked out the wallpaper.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 9.05.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 9.05.35 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
Reactions: iAssimilated

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
How do you use them as folder backgrounds, I cannot set them to repeat, they just end up in the top left corner

And your desktop is amazing, what did you use to customize the menu bar?
Yes... you'll have to set them as your wall paper, screen shot then crop out the icons and stuff to make as folder backgrounds. They're not big enough on their own.

I tend to use solid colours for folders.

menubar apple is applied with photostickies app.

Glad you like!

Reactions: StellarVixen

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
@bhtwo you always showcase the best retro Mac desktop.. you're very good in keeping the Classic MacOS style even on modern macOS'

Have you tried experimenting with other folder background styles seeing that Finder always tiling backgrounds from a fixed position. My solution has always been to create a rather wide background that's white with a fade and then a little graphic in the top before the folders appear. Similar to the older Gaia themes for shapeshifter - these DMG files had fun extras in them.

Last edited:

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
@bhtwo you always showcases the best retro Mac desktop.. you're very good in keeping the Classic MacOS style even on modern macOS'

Have you tried experimenting with other folder background styles seeing that Finder always tiling backgrounds from a fixed position. My solution has always been to create a rather wide background that's white with a fade and then a little graphic in the top before the folders appear. Similar to the older Gaia themes for shapeshifter - these DMG files had fun extras in them.
Hi Allan... Thanks, but I sort of gave up with background images for folders. Too much of a faff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.