Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SarahCat

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
I am not sure if this belongs in the ios section, or the ipod touch section. I have a 5th gen I Pod touch. There are several apps that come pre installed and several social media apps that appear in "Settings." I do not use them, and I do not think there is a point to having them on my settings if they only take up room. Is there a way to hide them from the settings menu?

Also the Nike+ app is another app that appears on my settings and I am unable to take it off. In addition, I also don't use many of the preinstalled apps such as stocks, passbook, newstand, and game center.

If there is a way to hide or uninstall these, I would be grateful.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I am not sure if this belongs in the ios section, or the ipod touch section. I have a 5th gen I Pod touch. There are several apps that come pre installed and several social media apps that appear in "Settings." I do not use them, and I do not think there is a point to having them on my settings if they only take up room. Is there a way to hide them from the settings menu?

Also the Nike+ app is another app that appears on my settings and I am unable to take it off. In addition, I also don't use many of the preinstalled apps such as stocks, passbook, newstand, and game center.

Sorry, but no. :)

SarahCat

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Hi Paddle, thank you. I am assuming there is also no way to get rid of them, if we can't even hide them?

I love my Apple products dearly, but it does annoy me a bit. :(

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Hi Paddle, thank you. I am assuming there is also no way to get rid of them, if we can't even hide them?

I love my Apple products dearly, but it does annoy me a bit. :(

Nope, they don't let you delete them either.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
Pre Installed app issues

No way to uninstall default iOS apps, such as Maps, Stocks, Calendar, Contacts, iTunes Store, the App Store, etc. you can drag unused apps to a directory and name it "Unused", for example. That way they are a little more out of sight. As far as the Nike+ iPod app, it is there to support the built in Nike+ hardware that is compatible with the Nike+ shoe inserts. You can hide the app by turning it off from in settings, that app won't display on your home screen, then. Generally settings are there for that reason, to control built in hardware or in some cases integrated software, in case you ever decide to take advantage of them. I can see a valid reason for wanting to hide them, if not used.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey

you can hide them if you jailbreak it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.