Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccmovies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Boston
Does anyone have experience with preordering through Best Buy? Is there site ready to accept pre-orders immediately after the event or is there a delay? And if you’re fast enough do preorders arrive on launch day like Apple or is it delayed?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Does anyone have experience with preordering through Best Buy? Is there site ready to accept pre-orders immediately after the event or is there a delay? And if you’re fast enough do preorders arrive on launch day like Apple or is it delayed?

I don't remember for iPads, but with phones, they had them the same time Apple released them. Carriers usually a few days later.

JonnyMacx86

macrumors regular
Staff member
Feb 10, 2024
Halifax, NS
Did you pre-order? I waited until Sunday (my bad) and now I'm super excited for tomorrow to receive my ...Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 13"... with no shipping update yet on the actual iPad nor the Apple Pencil Pro. Like I said, it's on me for waiting so long to order, but damn that shipping notification was anti-climatic

ccmovies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Boston
Did you pre-order? I waited until Sunday (my bad) and now I'm super excited for tomorrow to receive my ...Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 13"... with no shipping update yet on the actual iPad nor the Apple Pencil Pro. Like I said, it's on me for waiting so long to order, but damn that shipping notification was anti-climatic
Oh man that's no fun! I ended up ordering the iPad through Apple and the accessories through Best Buy.

Best Buy didn't even have the new iPad or accessories on their site until like the day after the event. When I first placed the order, most iPads were expected to arrive on "or shortly after" the 15th.

AEC

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
I preordered a 13” Pro (base model, silver), keyboard, and pencil pro from Best Buy. The items shipped today and are scheduled to be delivered on Thursday.

With My Best Buy, the iPad was $50 off and the BB credit card saved another 5% (around $85).

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
I ordered a 13” Air from BB on Friday, May 10th. Notifications are saying it’ll be delivered tomorrow on Thursday, May 16th 🤞.

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
I’ve found with BB waiting to see what they have in stock on release day and picking it up is the only option for true release day arrival.

I ordered my 11” Pro, Magic Keyboard and pencil at around 1am and just left the store with it.

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
I ordered a 13” Air from BB on Friday, May 10th. Notifications are saying it’ll be delivered tomorrow on Thursday, May 16th 🤞.
And it’s been delivered at 2pm eastern. No complaints about BB, I had notifications while it was en route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.