Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillyman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hi All,

I never thought I used emojiis much until the predictive ones disappeared. I was setting up a new iphone (without using backup). When typing in messages I like when I would write Canada I could tap on the Canadian flag in the predictive field. Hi would offer the hand waving etc. For whatever reason on this new iPhone it does nothing. There is even a blank space where the predictive field is.

I have disable an enabled both the emojii keyboard and the predictive setting a couple of times. Restarted the phone and was told by apple to even do a factory reset. All to no avail. I thought maybe it needed to learn my patterns. So I'd write hi and use the emoji button to highlight orange and offer the emoji. It replaced it but when I tried to write HI still no predictive option.

I was not impressed with Apple care on this one so I was wondering if any of you had this problem and what the fix was? Like I said I remember a couple of years ago you had to add the emoji keyboard back but that wasn't it.

Thanks for any and all ideas,
Philly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.