Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheeryble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Hi there

yes I have 9.3.2

In my GENERAL it tells me that (quite some time ago) I downloaded 10.2.1

I have alway meant to update well here we go.

So I click install. it ask for my passcode.
I presume this is the six figure number it asks for when it won't take the fingerprint for any reason.

It seems to accept that and posts the thing for me to sign "I agree" ....

Twice

Then it says verifying update.

It hangs for a few seconds than it tells me Unable to verify update.....it must wait for a connection to the internet.
But it is perfectly well connected. Sure, I can flip windows to Safari and use immediately.

A little box come up giving me a choice between RETRY or REMIND ME LATER.

That's it.
Where do I got rom here?

Secondly I'd rather remove the 10.2.1 download waiting to go and go straight into 10.3.3

Possible?

THANKS!

Last edited:

cheeryble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Apple is not signing anymore ios 10.2.1 only 10.3.3

Thanks that's good information.

The problem now is when I click system update it shows 10.2.1 as being downloaded.....but as I said it won't complete installation....AND I can't find a way to remove it. But without removing it I don't know how to download a later system. Hmmm......

Would be grateful for any help

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think you can delete the downloaded update through Settings/General/Storage & iCloud Usage/Manage Storage.

cheeryble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I think you can delete the downloaded update through Settings/General/Storage & iCloud Usage/Manage Storage.

Great I'm gonna give it a try right now.....hold on.....

WONDERFUL Nermal I deleted and its replaced with Download and Install for 10.3.3

Many thanx from Chiangmai Thailand if you're ever out this way look me up!

Whoa...while you're there.....this iPad often doesn't seem to remember passwords .....such as for Macrumors.".......what's my problem likely to be?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.