Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SAFIYE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2023
Chile
Hello Master's :), does anyone know what this process is for? I ask this because it consumes too much of my CPU.

Attachments

• process.jpg
    process.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 48

zevrix

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
Reactions: SAFIYE

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
photoanalysisd is a part of Photos, I believe.

I don't use Photos much, but I think it has to do with the facial recognition features.

You can disable it, if you wish.
From my archives:
==============
To disable it, open Terminal and paste this into Terminal window:
sudo launchctl remove com.apple.photoanalysisd

If you want to enable it paste this:
sudo launchctl load com.apple.photoanalysisd
==============
(the above terminal command is from quite some time ago, not sure if it still works, but TRY it and see...)

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
As already noted, it’s for the ‘smart’ organization features:

When you first open Photos, it scans your library to recognize people, dogs, and cats in your photos. After the scan is done, you can open the People album, view photos organized by the faces in them, and assign names to them. If you name a dog or cat, the People album changes its name to People & Pets. As you import new photos, Photos matches any people or pets in them to the people and pets you’ve identified.

Categories: Photos recognizes scenes, objects, and types of locations. Search for a term like "lake" and select a result to see photos that match.

The Photos app will also perform these scans (i.e., analysis) whenever you add new photos, of course.

Basically, be patient, the process should calm down/stop eventually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.