Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amabile Ricci

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
From the various iphone 14 Pro / Pro Max that I have seen .. I am sure that they are all like this !! with those sensors!

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
From the various iphone 14 Pro / Pro Max that I have seen .. I am sure that they are all like this !! with those sensors!
It does appear that way, and I'm fine with that. When I first posted a thread last weekend no one had seen it yet and 2 members said they could not see it. I'm relieved it is just the way it is and do not need to make a swap out for service unit decision!

Amabile Ricci

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
It does appear that way, and I'm fine with that. When I first posted a thread last weekend no one had seen it yet and 2 members said they could not see it. I'm relieved it is just the way it is and do not need to make a swap out for service unit decision!
I also posted in post, before yours but no one replied! I asked you my friends and they are also present! So they are all like that! Have you checked those at the Apple Store?

appleincognito

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2014
Does yours also have slight horizontal line to the right and just below the island? See pic.

Attachments

• IMG_3662.jpeg
    IMG_3662.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Haha
Reactions: James.K.Polk

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
blotchgate lol, glad I kept my 13 max, once seen always seen.
I had a 13 pro max and this is a non issue. It’s not a defect nor is it something you really notice in normal use. It’s just the under screen sensors and that’s a trade off. The 13 pro max is an excellent iPhone and probably my favorite so far. The 14 pro max marks a departure from the notch and there will be growing pains.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Are we sure this is not part of the under display dot projector? I literally have not noticed this in day to day usage but my phone has it too. Doesn't bother me one bit.

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
Are we sure this is not part of the under display dot projector? I literally have not noticed this in day to day usage but my phone has it too. Doesn't bother me one bit.
It’s the ambient light and proximity sensor. See the first page posts for tear down images and you’ll see the 2 sensors that are just under the oled panel.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
It’s an under screen proximity sensor. Apple even bragged about it. People want this under the screen stuff and bitch “defect” when they notice it…

• Haha
Reactions: ian87w and nickelro

loresalo76

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2022
At first I thought it was a pixel error, then I saw this conductive spot in the same place on my replacement unit. Later, I went to an Apple Store and noticed that all demo units also had this "error". You can only see it when the sun shines on the display from a certain angle - but then very clearly. It can be reproduced by shining a lamp on the display.

Did you also notice this or did you have other experiences? Something seems to reflect behind the display..
OMG I thought I was crazy. I just saw this for the 1st time on my phone yesterday when I was outside. I thought it was the screen protector a took it off but was still there. I even went to an Apple Store but of course they could not see it. i told then it look like a sensor and they told me they can replace the display for a new one if I wanted since I have Apple Care. I told them no because my phone is less than 3 weeks old and when the replace a display on my 13 pro max they mess up my phone... I'm glad I told them NO. They were going to replace my display for no reason... I guess they don't have any clue of what is going on

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Fred Zed

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68040
Aug 6, 2022
OMG I thought I was crazy. I just saw this for the 1st time on my phone yesterday when I was outside. I thought it was the screen protector a took it off but was still there. I even went to an Apple Store but of course they could not see it. i told then it look like a sensor and they told me they can replace the display for a new one if I wanted since I have Apple Care. I told them no because my phone is less than 3 weeks old and when the replace a display on my 13 pro max they mess up my phone... I'm glad I told them NO. They were going to replace my display for no reason... I guess they don't have any clue of what is going on

‘Geeks are not like they used to be.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Amabile Ricci

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
If you look closely you can see two of sensors

Attachments

• 6F76AC09-DB5C-4A39-BBFD-DBD1826F2B05.jpeg
    6F76AC09-DB5C-4A39-BBFD-DBD1826F2B05.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: loresalo76

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
It’s an under screen proximity sensor. Apple even bragged about it. People want this under the screen stuff and bitch “defect” when they notice it…
Exactly. I don't understand why people want these sensors to be under the display. These sensors have to receive light, and that light gotta come from somewhere. And now Apple made it the case, with some transparency on the screen to let things go through, and people are complaining about it.

Do they still teach physics in school?

Reactions: Ac1d 8urn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.