Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
This question is specifically for any members who currently have the MS M1 Max.

I’d be interested in hearing your configuration and your thoughts on performance of this machine when editing complex 4K video, etc. for example multi layer 4K video in Final Cut Pro with lots of transitions, etc. Are you happy with the performance and do you see any compelling reason to spend double the money for the Ultra? I know that for very specific things such as 3-D rendering the ultra is going to be much better however, I am only going to be doing video editing, although sometimes with complex layers and transitions, and such. I’m not concerned about saving 7 seconds when rendering or exporting, but do want to have smooth playback while editing, and smooth transitions.

I currently have the 24” iMac maxed out but thinking seriously of upgrading to a Studio and trying to decide if a somewhat upgraded base Max would be a better option than spending a boatload more money for the Ultra.

Reactions: Longplays
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.