Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Reliability update, basically. I think it must correct crashes, perhaps have a revamped code for certain formats, etc. Just tweaks. I can't see any real functionality differences.

:)
pnw

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
For those of you using FCP3 and or DSP on OS X 10.2, don't upgrade to this version.

As always, stick with the version that came with 10.2.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by MacBram
Oh, great. Too late now

You may not notice anything wrong. Apple is just trying to do a CYA in case some pro users encounter bugs they haven't had a chance to test out yet.

macktheknife

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2002
I've tried upgrading through software updates and downloading the actual package from Apple, but I'm getting an error everytime I try to upgrade. Anyone else having the same issue?

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by springscansing
Man, I still can't believe we gotta pay for the pro version... still!

Where do you think the funds come from to keep QT the number one media player/editor/encoder in its class without advertising?

It is like everyone who bitched about having to pay for iTools/.Mac... ESP. when the market is in a slum, where do you think the money is coming from?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by macsurfer
No, you misread what it says: it says FCP and DSP *are* qualified for this update.

No, it just changed in the last few days. It used to say that FCP and DSP users should use the version that came with 10.2.1. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.