Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I took a series of photos during a storm and made a little stop motion vid out of them. Really gotta find it now. But this was taken from inside a house, I wouldn't risk taking my camera out in the rain.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Of course today all you need is $$$$$$$$$$ and you can buy a waterproof case for almost any camera.

It seems $$$$$$$$ has replace ingenuity! :D

*rolls eyes* No one is talking about a waterproof case here, just a rain sheet for the camera. $3000 vs. $100 (maybe $250, max).

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Of course today all you need is $$$$$$$$$$ and you can buy a waterproof case for almost any camera.

It seems $$$$$$$$ has replace ingenuity! :D
*rolls eyes* No one is talking about a waterproof case here, just a rain sheet for the camera. $3000 vs. $100 (maybe $250, max).

Did you only read the last two lines of my post? I mean that is all you quoted! :rolleyes:

That is why in the main thrust of my post I suggested an old trick of using a One Gallon Storage Baggie. :rolleyes:

You could, as I suggested cut a hole in the baggie the size of a filter ring sandwich the baggie between a UV filter and an empty ring. Mount the UV filter/bag to the lens and shoot through the filter with the camera safely inside the baggie.

Total cost should be less than $50

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Try less than $10. I bought a two pack of OpTech Rain Sleeves for $6.95 from B&H. Unless you're shooting in the rain on a regular basis, these are perfectly adequate.

Yeah that's the idea ... a super long baggie of sorts.

Probably a bit more durable than my 50 cents baggie idea.

May order some of those for myself.

Thanks for that link

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
You could, as I suggested cut a hole in the baggie the size of a filter ring sandwich the baggie between a UV filter and an empty ring. Mount the UV filter/bag to the lens and shoot through the filter with the camera safely inside the baggie.

Or you can put the plastic bag between the lens and the lens hood. The lens hood will work as an umbrella for the front of the lens, the plastic bag screwed between the lens and the lens hood will form a tight water proof seal and the rest of the bag should be big enough to cover the rest of the camera together with your head.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.