Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karelles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2023
I just (unwillingly) upgraded to Monterey, from Big Sur, because an app I have to use no longer works on Big Sur. As happens often, other things broke. I've fixed most of them, but one has me flummoxed. The "Recent Places" section of the Save and Open dialog boxes has failed to update since I upgraded. There are the same 3 items there that were there before the upgrade (2 months ago). I've tried resetting the number of items that should appear there, and that didn't have an effect. I've googled extensively and not found anyone else reporting this issue. Apple support is less than useless since their response to everything is "upgrade to the newest, blah blah blah". In the 30+ years I've been working on and supporting Macs, I've clearly seen that that advice takes hours, causes WAY more problems than it solves that can cause days of troubleshooting and force the purchase of new versions of applications that are necessary to workflow.

Okay now that I've vented my frustration, does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I sorely miss it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.