Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
I’ve been playing around with Stage Manager to see if I can get used to it, and I realized the biggest stumbling block for me is the fact that the windows along the left side are both “what windows are currently open” and “what windows were recently open”. I expected the sidebar to be just window groups and what’s open, and it’s super confusing to see apps I thought I closed appear there.

If Apple changes this to just be open windows, Stage Manager would at least match the app switcher and be, I think, less confusing. I’ll file it, but I ain’t holding my breath they’ll change it. Maybe they can add an option similar to the Dock option.

Does anyone else find this confusing?

Reactions: JesusSaves

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Sound like a design flaw for me. It should only show set groups from what I understood during WWDC.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Another step in the confusing attempt to multitask windows on an iPad. Doesn't surprise me.

But I has GOT to be some kind of an improvement, no?

Another thing. If it's a mess now, no way it's going to all of a sudden fix itself in a beta. But I haven't tried it, so maybe I should shut up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.