Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zqbobs

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Any suggestions for a bespoke app to replace MacOS Contacts and sync to an iOS app?

nk201

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2024
No luck with this one. Setup screen did not appear at initiation, so nothing could be done. Help is no help, as no one is there. Apps that start out this janky go straight in the trash.
I heard many recommend Cardhop
Have you tried it?

Dallas Pottinger

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
You might explain what is lacking for you in the macOS Contacts app to get better suggestions.
I'm at the supervisory level for repairing Contacts. But she has abandoned me. Apple has been trying to solve this, on and off, for over a year. On my phone, contacts just drop away -- not quite randomly; the ones likely to drop away are ones I use more frequently. New contacts don't sync at all any more. This can be really frustrating if I am away from my desk but doing business on the road. These missing contacts may or may not still be there in the cloud, but they are always still there on the Mac. A succession of techs leading to Supervisor Monica have tried just about everything, up to and including a re-install of the OS on the machine, to no avail. Now, my Contacts are appearing in octuplicate. I have run the Card/Look for duplicates routine, and it pruned the duplicates back a bit, but lots and lots of duplicated (and triplicated, and quadruplicated) contacts remain. It really is a **** show.

Last edited by a moderator:

JavaMania5

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2015
Rockford Illinois
I used and loved Busy Contacts for the past 5 to 6 years. Flawless until my recent upgrade to a M3 IMac when email function failed. Apparently apple changed a sharing setting that prohibits my emails to be shared with Busy Contacts. It was a great feature where each contact in Busy Contacts also displayed each email to and from that contact. I contacted Busy Contacts and they informed me there is no fix. I have been searching for a like app but no luck so far. If anyone knows of a similar app or a fix I would be grateful.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Sorry, no app that I can suggest now that I think of it.

There's this https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/contact-s-2/id639507613

Not sure how well a fit it is for you. BusyContacts would also be my suggestion
Seeing you're trying to rid yourself of Contacts you can try using Thunderbird - an e-mail client / calendar and contacts app

Postbox might do the trick too if you're willing to spend $$$ - it's basically Thunderbird but could be more than that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.