Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Ok. Sigh. This is such a bummer :(

Thanks so much for the advice!
I’d still atleast try it. Then demand to talk to a manager if they won’t do anything. I would just say the indicator is not pink. So replace the device. They will probably just replace it for you.
[doublepost=1536347496][/doublepost]me myself I would tell the next employee i don’t know what the hell the rep is talking about. That the indicator is not pink, so either fix the device or replace it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’d still atleast try it. Then demand to talk to a manager if they won’t do anything. I would just say the indicator is not pink. So replace the device. They will probably just replace it for you.

I Can’t say I quit agree with your post. Mainly because you don’t need to ‘demand’ anything, you can simply just ask to speak to a manager if someone needs clarification or to see what options you have, but if the phone is water damaged, then that fault lies with the OP, not Apple.

Olefins

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2017
Same thing happened to me, but it did not show water damage, apple replaced it for free. I sold it for $785 and using a iPhone 6plus til I buy the new one. If I can deal with the 6 plus on tmobile (I get 4g everywhere) you will be okay for a week or 2)

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I Can’t say I quit agree with your post. Mainly because you don’t need to ‘demand’ anything, you can simply just ask to speak to a manager if someone needs clarification or to see what options you have, but if the phone is water damaged, then that fault lies with the OP, not Apple.
I didn’t literally mean demand but maybe even take further action if they won’t replace it since the indicator hasn’t been set off. Wether that action means legal or talking to someone higher up.

Reactions: 44267547
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.